Tuesday

A Slightly Overindulgent Christmas Weekend

As predicted the weekend was a blissful blur of eating, drinking and gifting excess.

I got some great gifts: A $100 debit card for hitting balls at our driving range, a $500 gift card for Chris Clark's, where they have a huge selection of really cute golf clothes for size 2 Golf Girls... and the Paloma Picasso golf tee tool I've been yearning for. I gave some pretty good ones too. I Got Nick a Nikon Rangefinder and a golf cart heater. Both of which he really liked and both of which I'll surely accaparate borrow.

As predicted, Nick DID NOT get me the LV golf bag. Supposedly it was too expensive. OK, I guess he's just not that into me. Message to Nick: If you want to redeem yourself you better get it for me for my birthday...or be prepared to suffer the consequences.

It's a bit of a slow week for golf blogging, so I'm using this time to work on my list of New Year's resolutions. I've got it divided into three categories: Golf Goals, Blog/Writing Goals and Life Goals. I'm also making a Best of the Best of 2006 list, where I'll reveal my pics for best Golf Outfit, Golf Story, Golf Shot, Golf Scandal etc. That should be fun. I'll be posting about these things in the next few days.
I'm actually pretty psyched about what's to come in 2007. Especially that LV bag.

18 comments:

  1. no comment yet???? ah i am first woot


    this was an interesting christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw as of right now u did 154 blog if u hmm... double that by next Christmas i'll buy you w/e golf stuff you want...

    apparel included

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi pat,
    golf cart heater, priceless!!!!
    glad your back.
    eddie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like y'all got/gave some nice gifts. All I got was a 12 pack of golf balls but I got the kids each a set of clubs so I can get started grooming the next Tiger. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patricia, stop obsessing about the LV bag. No golf bag is worth 10 grand. Can't wait to read your Best of list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband got me a trip to Paris in June, including a side trip to Chantilly for golf. How great is that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat,

    Since your suggestion, I went out and bought 2 of my dear female friends some Filson luggage for xMas, and they are loving it (or so they told me).

    Just want to thank you for the input...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet that heater will be in your cart from now till May. Please write about it so we know if its worth buying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Filson Compartment Case. It's excellent. My boyfriend has the Fly Rod Bag and he swears by it. Filson does outstanding products

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great photo of the Christmas tree. Was it taken in a mirror?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch, $10k for a golf bag? wow! Does it come with a caddy? ;)

    Here's to a Happy and Healthy 2007!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Over the summer I played golf with a guy who had the LV bag. It didn't look like anything. It's just canvas and not worth the money - at all. But he seemed really proud of it - go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guy with LV golf bag?

    In the golf courses I play, he would have been beaten up by the golf pro, the pro shop attendant, the green keeper, the UPS and FedEx driver, and last but not least, the cart girls....

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. is the Tiffany tee made out of solid silver? wouldn't that just scratch up the face of your driver?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Nick :
    just to help you, it's very easy to find that, just click and buy !
    (don't thanks me, it's my pleasure)

    http://www.louisvuitton.com/web/flash/index.jsp?buy=1&langue=fr_FR&direct1=cate_m&direct2=cat10013&direct3=cat10017&direct4=prod10239

    ReplyDelete
  17. The heater is great, havent tried it in a cart yet but it's definitely going to provide warmth. I'll post about it as soon as it's in use.

    Good Luck with the Tiger grooming...and the trip to Paris.

    Glad the luggage shopping went well. Filson's on my list now.

    Oh that LV bag! Some of us just love a good status symbol.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Status symbol? What status?

    Reckless use of disposable income?

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...