Friday

Golf Gets a Whole New Era


I'm sure everyone's just waiting for me to weigh in on this, so here are my totally random initial impressions on the first day of the New Era in Golf:

1) Kelly Tilghman's hair did not look as perfect as it usually does. Less straight, less long, less blonde. That's a good thing. Normally I spend most of every show obsessing about her perfect hair. She's such a talented presenter and so perfect in every other way she definitely doesn't deserve need perfect hair. Got that Miss. Perfect?

2) Nick Faldo was warm/fuzzier than we're used to, that's a bad thing. The world does not need a warm/fuzzy Nick Faldo. We need an aloof, arrogant Nick Faldo. We need "Nick The (rhymes with stick)". Mr. Faldo should go right back to the Donald Trump School of Snarkiness for a refresher course. Go Nick. Now.

3) Pat Green's anthem, "Feels Like it Should", contributes a nice dose of sharpness and swagger to Golf Channel's coverage, but a more appropriate title might be "Feels Like it Should and it Should Feel like NASCAR".

4) Will MacKenzie looks a lot like Sean Penn, and that look is really more suited to a surfer dude with a serious adrenalin habit than a professional golfer. I sort of like him though, being a kayaker, rock climber and adrenalin junkie myself. Oh, and he proudly admits to once going a month without a shower. Love that in a guy.

5) Vijay Singh is a class act and will always be. No matter what. Till the end of time.

8 comments:

  1. I like Kelly's hair too but it seems like it's going nowhere..think she needs to do something with it it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another winning post Patricia. I agree about Faldo. He is a rhymes with stick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Kelly Tilghman gay? Not that it matters but someone told me that I was just curious. She's an excellent commentator in any case, and I actually like the kinder, gentler Nick Faldo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Vijay is doing pretty good. See if he can hold out in the last round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MacKenzie is disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My gaydar says Kelly Tilghman is gay. Not that it matters,as you say. She's really good but Nick Faldo should be dropped. He's worthless. Another Nobilo for the Golf Channel. As if they needed one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TGC is like the promotional arm of the PGA Tour (and any other tours for that matter. There's very little objective journalism there.

    I am sad for us fans who deserve fair and balanced commentary.

    Is Dottie Pepper gay as well?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Kelly AND her hair ... whether she fades or draws is no matter for me.

    Faldo will turn bad ... like we like him ... soon !

    Dottie's straight. Trust me.

    Look for the PGA Tour to buy TGC ... soon.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...