Tuesday

Golf Course as Artist's Canvas



















A golf course in Vail, Colorado is about to be transformed by 2,700 ten foot windmills, each one custom made to illuminate with the wind, producing a massive tableau that'll give the appearance of thousands of twinkling candles. They'll blanket a frozen hillside near the 16th green and be visible from the frontage road beside the Vail Golf Course. This awesome exhibit which will cover 9,000 square feet and is the creation of installation artist, Patrick Marold who did something similar in Iceland not long ago. The Colorado exhibit will run through Earth Day, April 22, and the course will be ready to receive golfers again soon after that. I'd say it a pretty good project for the off season.

3 comments:

  1. My course could use some illuminated windmills round about now. ;v)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Boulder so hope to check it out. I think it'll be beautiful, especially at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I read your interview in notsoboringlife.com I liked it. Good work, and I like your blog too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...