Wednesday

Out Today: Zagat's Guide to America'sTop Courses







Yep, it just hit stores today... the Zagat 2007/08 Guide to America's Top Golf Courses... and believe it or not it looks like I'll actually be playing one of the top courses this weekend! If the planets are properly aligned and the weather holds out I'll be playing Lake of Isles, North which was chosen as a "Top Newcomer". And I hope to create plenty of digtal media to document this first round of the season.

Back to the guide though...get this: over half a million rounds of golf were played in the last 12 months to create this guide. Over 6,250 avid golfers played them, and they rated public, semi-private and resort courses. In addition to Best Course (Bandon Dunes) and Most Popular Course (Pebble Beach), winners were chosen for Accomodations, Scenery, Best Bargain, Most Women-Friendly ...and myriad other important characteristics. The guide also lists urban driving ranges in case you're in a strange city and just want to go out and hit some balls.

The guide is available at bookstores and other retail outlets, through ZAGAT.com or by calling 888/371-5440, and it's a must-have for those who plan their vacations around golf...or those (like me) who just fantasize about it. Well, hopefully this weekend one of my fantasies will actually come true.

1 comment:

  1. Our stay at the Lodge at Pebble Beach last year was the best four days I've ever spent. I'm going to check out the guide but I have my doubts that anything could top that. >B}

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...