Thursday

Golf Girl Gloating

Yep, as predicted, it's Friday morning and frosty wet snowflakes are falling at a rapid clip. The temperature is hovering around 30. I just checked my local weather site and the only change was for tomorrow. Yes, Saturday, the day I was supposed to be falling in love with a new driver at the (Callaway / Taylor Made / Titleist) Demo Day! For Saturday the cute little "continuing-snow-
gradually-giving-way-to-clearing" icon has been replaced by the evil looking "icy-disgusting-mess" icon. So there you have it, yet another weekend of hibernation looks to be in the works for New England, while the rest of the country enjoys an early spring weekend of golf.

So, I've got to admit, I couldn't help gloating just a wee bit when I stumbled upon this story. It's a shame really... seems a 30-foot-wide sinkhole swallowed a road yesterday at an Apopka, Florida golf course. In addition to "Golf Green Villa Drive" the voracious pit also took out a section of the course. Apparently these sinkholes are rather common in sunny Florida particularly in periods of warm, dry weather. OK, that's warm and dry as compared to our cold and wet...and now they have a great big sink hole, so draw a smiley face on me.

No one was hurt by the sinkhole, and no homes or public services were impacted, so I don't feel too guilty about my little moment of unadulterated schadenfreude. Actually, I don't feel guilty at all. In fact, I think the massive sandy ditch should create some pretty interesting lies and plenty of ground-game options, and what's so bad about that?










Update: Guess what? We got to leave work early. Sort of like a half snow day. Ha ha, another reason to gloat.

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry, when we hit 110 here in June, we will want to be where you are...so it all works out, or does it? I forget, our winter here is measured in hours, but our summers are as long as your winter...hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The icy, disgusting mess icon does look evil. I think I'd prefer the sinkhole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sinkhole made me smile too. I live in upstate NY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia, I hope all this snow not gonna delay the swimsuit issue !

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about: On your Marks, Get set, Go with a snow shovel?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice use of "schadenfreude." (Did I spell it correctly?) That couldn't have been easy. Florida is just basically a swamp. But it does has enviable golf weather. Come on spring!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...