Wednesday

Halloween Golf













A few years ago, before I'd ever swung a driver or rolled a putt, I was having lunch at our local golf club in late October and observed a gaggle of witches and goblins and ghosts (as well as a couple of pimps and ho's) frolicking on the fairways, sort of playing golf, but definitely having a blast. Count Dracula hit an awesome chip shot, a fairy princess got stuck in a bunker and the devil's putting was ...hellish. Anyway, this close encounter with a Halloween scramble almost convinced my to take up golf. Not quite though, it would be another year before I actually picked up a club, got out on a course and fell in love with the sport. And from the beginning I looked forward to the Halloween Scramble. Unfortunately, they haven't had one since I began playing...too many other events taking place a this time of year. But I'm hoping to help arrange one for 2008.

In the meantime, I'm getting ready for Halloween at my house tonight. We live in a historic Victorian neighborhood, and it's a glorious mild day so I'm expecting lots of trick-or-treaters. Like about 1,200. Believe it or not, that's normal on our street. But, I've got plenty of candy, even though I've eaten loads of it these last days. Now I just hope I can squeeze into my costume.

Halloween 2006 pics.

6 comments:

  1. Here in FL it's showery. We're going to be trick-or-treating with umbrellas. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you going as this year GG? Hope it's something...interesting.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Golf Girl
    For the past five years me and a bunch of my old buddies make the pilgrimage down south to Rochester NY where we take in the Great Pumpkin Curling Bonspiel. This past week we where doing quite well until we ran up against a ladies team from Utica NY, without getting into specifics you might say we got our butts kicked. This curling bonspiel is the highlight of our year,, what a great bunch of people at the Rochester Curling Club. You meet the nicest people on the golf course and the same can be said for the game of curling Rochester Curling Club……Thanks for a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going as Dorf on Golf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, man, I should have gone over to your place for trick or treat. oh well, maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't need costume for Halloween. You can go as the evil step mother or the sexy witch.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...