Monday

Fanny Rocard - Quintessential French Golf Girl

I have a wonderful little book on my shelf that I refer to quite often. It's called Entre Nous. Tag line: A Woman's Guide to Finding Her inner French Girl .

Let's face it, there's something about French girls that's so...desirable. When I played golf outside of Paris last summer I was impressed by the how the women all seemed so confident and comfortable, while at the same time remaining feminine and flirty and fun.

Recently, I was introduced to the quintessential French Golf Girl through a mutual (Facebook) friend. Her name is Fanny, though she's sometimes called "Fanette". Isn't that cute? Well, she's really cute, as you can see, and ultra talented too, she's been playing golf since she was eight and has won a number of Jr. championships in France. Recently she earned her teaching certification as well, and has been busy teaching golf, both in her native Biaritz and in exotic Marakech, Morocco. Check out her awesome website. It's only in French for now, but the pictures need no translation.

And the thing is, you can forget about the myths that say French girls are all snobs. Fanny is ultra friendly, always has a smile. Now I'm hoping I can convince her to come over to this side of the Atlantic and play a round with me at Richter Park. I have no doubt she could help me with my golf game. She might even be able to help me find my inner French girl. What could be better than that?

10 comments:

  1. Those French girls do have certain "je ne sais quoi" don't they? I didn't play golf when I was there but I sure noticed it in the street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Fanny comes over to the States I'll want to book her for a lessons in Jersey. French and Golf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to France for golf lessons!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took my first trip to Paris a couple of years ago and I was shocked by how friendly everyone was. The reputation of the French is that they are arrogant and dislike Americans. I found the exact opposite. Friendly people and very pro American (despite our anti-French politics at the time). I've been back since and had the same experience and the women were chic and attractive it a way that we don't seem to embrace here. Especially middle aged women, I saw very few strict black pants suits and few helmet head bobs more often the professional women had longer less styled hair and more colorful , flirtier clothes. I think we'd all be wise to look across the Atlantic from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fanny is tres belle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GG you always find the hottest women golfers. Does Fanny speak English? If she does I bet her accent is very sexxy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm french and i know Fanny,Fanny is the most pretty woman of the west atlantic coast

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...