Wednesday

A Golf Girl's Bastion of Blondeness




















I happen to be the quintessential brunette.

It's not that I haven't tried being blonde. In fact, I've lusted to be a blonde my entire life, but it just never worked for me. On me, blonde always ends up orange... and no one wants orange hair, right? So I'm a reluctant brunette, and probably always will be.

...And I tend to get very, very envious when I see a bunch of blonde chicks hanging out together having fun, so this story should have had a very negative effect on me, because, after all, it features three lovely, talented blondes. But in the end, it actually inspired me. Because what these girls are advocating is golf and its many benefits, and who better to do that than LPGA star Morgan Pressel, real estate developer and business golfer, Ivanka Trump and golf media star, Stina Sternberg.

The event
took place in Manhattan and was called "Callaway Golf Girls Club". Subtitle: "Trade your stilettos for spikes, your diamonds for a set of GEMS...And your handbag for a golf bag". The glittery get-together introduced a new line of beginner-friendly ladies GEMS clubs, while reinforcing the myriad health, social and professional benefits of golf for women and girls. Editors from the top women's fashion and lifestyle magazines were there. So you can be sure we'll be reading about it all over the place.

Thus, despite a momentary twinge of blonde envy, I applauded these flaxen-haired golf advocates for their dedication to the sport, and yes, I'm considering some artfully placed highlights.

8 comments:

  1. Patricia, just let me reassure you that not all prefer blondes. I prefer brunettes like you, and you're a especially nice example of this class. So be proud of it and don't get sad when looking at some blondes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog. We need more golfers like you ladies and men to inject life, enthusiasm and fun into golf. It's a great game let's spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have always wanted to be blonde. However, I know I could never keep up with the roots so I've never tried.

    Anyway, thanks for blogging. I love the "fun girly side" you bring to golf!

    VJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something to look forward to if you ever go gray... you can be any color you want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I'm slurping in the slickness of the forbidden puntanesa I prefer to be entwined in darker roots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice article! It is great to read your stories and have a lot of female golfers reading it! Keep up the work.

    Greetings from Thailand, Golfasian.com!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool article!

    I'm the opposite, haha-- I really admire dark hair, but after trying on a few wigs for fun know that it just doesn't look right with my complexion, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...