Friday

Every Golf Picture Tells a Story

















When I was in fourth grade, I had a young teacher who was particularly passionate about creative writing. Once a week she'd have us write a short story...no more than one page...based on a photograph. The photographs were torn from various magazines but, in retrospect, I realize that a lot of thought was put into their selection, because the stories seemed to write themselves. Week after week the entire class would produce prosaic paragraphs based on the evocative images.

Well, I was reminded of that long ago writing class when I stopped by Golf for Women today to post my blog and was greeted by the amazing photo above, of a puppy snoozing amongst the golf bags in the back of a golf cart. It was submitted by Golf for Women reader Laurie O'Brien and is one of many included in the GFW reader's galleries.

Other than golf, the featured photographs have little in common. Some show exotic foreign landscapes, some are homey and familiar. There are subjects of all ages. Several appear to be champions while others are clearly beginners, but each photo seems to tell an engaging story of a happy time spent playing golf, and I think we can all relate to that.

7 comments:

  1. Such a sweet picture.

    We had a friend who use to bring along her tiny poodle in a satchel. She'd place it in the basket behind us and the little guy would happily watch us play, and yes, nap from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say...go for the Top Flite if you are struggling with your irons, but complement the set with (two or) three good wedges and you will se your scores get lower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever took my pain-in-the-neck pooch to the golf course I guarantee you no one would break 100, or 130 for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's like all you do now is to shill for "golf for women". why don't you go back to your old blog format (the one that attracted "golf for women" in the first place) and abandon this new style of "ad copy" blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Egypt golf photo is great. I was there about 10 years ago I don't think they had any courses then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute pic! one of my friends had a cute little chihuahua that was always getting under our feet.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...