Monday

The Golf Girl on Golf Style

As you probably know by now, I'm a huge evangelist for golf fashion.

Dressing for a round of golf is a distinct part of the pleasure I get from a sport I'm totally passionate about. Yes, I know... not all golfers share this fashionista style sensibility, but many do. After all, fashion has been a part of golf since the early days of Gene Sarazen and his silk foulard.

So when San Francisco Chronicle fashion editor Sylvia Rubin, contacted me last month to weigh in on the changing face of golf fashion, I was only too happy to to do so.

The resulting piece, "Fit to a Tee" is the cover story for May 2008 in SFiS , the Chronicle's elegant monthly publication focusing on travel, design, and fashion.

The story features some awesome outfits and was shot on location at San Francisco's Lincoln Park Golf Course.

10 comments:

  1. OMG - I love that little polo dress. Might be too short for my club though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous article and great shots of you!! Love the navy blue pullover with matching sweater. Like the buckle golf shoes, too...just beautiful. Congrats~

    ~Nikki aka 17fairway on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not me in the photos...I'm probably a couple/few pounds heavier :o/

    The outfits are gorgeous thought and now I'm inspired to shed a couple of pounds ... NOT.

    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual, you did an outstanding job. Interesting also that women golf fashion would be a cover story in a town that is really not known for its golf.

    Nonetheless, I find the women golfer fashions very refreshing. However, I am still seeing attire that really is pushing it to say it is for golf.

    Keep up the reporting on what is new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if you've ever gotten out to Lincoln Park in SF, if not you should try, it' s really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Mr. Business Golf guy is a real horses ass. Who gives a shit what you say, you dufus. Keep your dumb commentary to yourself and who do you counsel on the Biz of golf anywho?---- your clients (if you have any) are probably dopey asian guys who can't play but have big bucks.

    Give it a rest, jerky...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on getting that article Patricia. I'm sure it will be the first of many. aka tfox4599 on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  8. What du you think about this on the course? Rock 'n golf fashion!
    http://golfers.blogg.se/1209575905_ta_rocken_ut_p_golfba.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Concur with anon 4/29/2008 3:59 PM....

    Mr.Bizwax is a arse-kisser and we all know what his intention is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Making gw gold is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of GuildWars Gold . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of Guild Wars Gold almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of GuildWars moneyhere I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to make cheap gw gold.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...