Thursday

Ashley Mayo Live Blogging the LPGA Championship

Today, thanks to Golf for Women Associate Editor Ashley Mayo, I feel like I got an upclose and personal view of Bulle Rock GC, and the first round action at the McDonald's LPGA Championship.

The thing I'm enjoying in Ashley's frequent dispatches, is the way she's bringing the tournament to life. Not just the golf and the player story lines, but the entire vibe; from the mood of the crowd... to the condition of the course... to the rapidly changing weather.

You can tell by her coverage that Ashley's on the move, following players from green to green and observing the dynamics between them. She's also been checking out the action on the practice range and attending press conferences, like today's with Lorena Ochoa. And she's taking photos. The kind of casual, candid photos that make you feel like you're there. I particularly enjoyed her first round fashion dos and don'ts.

The McDonald's LPGA Championship is one of only four "majors" on the tour. Check out Ashley's live blogging for a truly intimate view of the action.

3 comments:

  1. Yes it's great to get fist person up-to-the-minute coverage of a tournament like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Ashley's coverage is really fun. The photos she's getting are great, very natural. I like the Golf for Women site but they make it complicated to comment there so I do it here. ;)
    I have to say I think they're overdoing the coverage of Big Break too, a show whichseems very contrived to me but maybe that's what people like. To each her own. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. jennifer

    your problem is that too much blood flow is centered around your kankles and it is effecting your ability to remain objective. i suspect it is similiar to pms related issues found in younger women.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...