Thursday

A Quick Stop in Cromwell - The Travelers Championship

TPC River Highlands. I got up to Cromwell too late to catch much of the ProAm yesterday, but did get to watch some of the players on the practice green. Check out my rather shallow observations and photos over on Red Tee Tales.

Everyone... and I mean everyone... was talking about the Tiger news. Players discussed it between practice putts, journalists rehashed and wrote about it in the media center and fans The Tiger aura, especially in light of "the announcement", overshadowed the tournament like the dramatic and foreboding rain clouds that rolled in at about 4:00. Then there was the torrential downpour... and the eventual clearing. CT weather at its most typical. This morning is beautiful.

I won't get up to Cromwell today, but I'll be there tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to it, because you know what? Tiger Woods is star of epic proportions, one we love to watch, but it's also really nice to watch players that aren't Tiger. And His temporary absence might just give some of these other players the opportunity to shine in a way, lets face it, they just can't when He's in the field.

Photographs © Golf Girl Media

7 comments:

  1. This is funny. I was looking at Stuart Appleby's bag and thinking it was weird that he had a tomato club cover. I finally realized it was an Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice of bags to check out. Appleby is playing some fantastic Bridgestone blades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Travelers is where someone could make a substantial move though I'm not all that hopeful. I'm thinking it could be Justin Rose's finally winning in the US??? Maybe? Your boytoy Justin Day did alright today, For a rookie. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If he makes it to Saturday - wish Fred Funk a Happy 14th Anniversary. The wife is on the bag for him this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's sweet! I always wonder how couples can work together and still get along.

    BTW anon, I think you mean Jason Day, not Justin Day. And, he's my boytoy too.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol - Lisa - it's not a regular thing - just an an occassional thing. She's been on the bag for two second place finishes...oddly, it was second to the same guy both times....hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to see the outcome of the Travelers Championship, it'll be cool to see some other players catch the spotlight. On the same note though, I hope TW is alright, makes one wonder if that last win was worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...