Tuesday

Fred Daly - Padraig's British Open Predecessor

I apologize. To you my readers, and to the late Fred Daly.

Mr. Daly was a Northern Irish golfer, who won the Open Championship in 1947 at the Royal Liverpool Golf Club... and his story was an inspiring one. He was actually a former caddie who had never had a golf lesson in his life when he won the championship.

In an earlier post I erroneously wrote that Padraig Harrington had been the first Irish golfer to win the British Open.

I received an email this morning for an awesome reader of mine pointing out the omission and providing me with a much needed lesson in British Open history.

So thank you Christian Hostrup, for bringing this Irish champion of the past to my attention.

2 comments:

  1. Fred Daly was an amazing story. It just goes to show you how quickly history is forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making holic gold is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of holic money . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of holic online gold almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of cheap holic goldhere I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to make holic online money.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...