Tuesday

Golf in Dubai Just Keeps Getting Better

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you know I've been dreaming of a Dubai golf trip for a while now. In fact, since I began writing this blog almost two years ago, I've done over a half a dozen lustful posts on the the dessert kingdom and its rapidly growing golf culture.



Well, it just keeps getting better. In fact, even getting there is getting better. Emirates, the international airline of the United Arab Emirates, has recently introduced the A380, a twin-deck, super fuel-efficient aircraft, that's been configured to provide a suprelative flying experience for all who enter its cabin.

Economy Class is fitted with seats that each feature over 1000 channels of on-demand movies, audio and TV, on a 10.6" Digital widescreen. Of course each seat also has its own laptop power supply and USB connection. In Business Class seats fully recline to a 79” long flat bed and include personal storage, massage features and a privacy divider...and every seat has access to the aisle. A personal high tech work space and mini-bar are built into each seat as well.

Then there's First Class, and that's where things get really sexy over-the-top luxurious. The steamy shower scene above...the one that ends with a rendevous in a swanky cocktail lounge with a waterfall and mood lighting...that all takes place in First Class on Emirates. Yes, there are two shower spas on the A380, as well an on board lounge for flirting socializing. And the seating? Sumptuous. Private. Suites. OK? BTW, I first read about this ultra-lux avaition experience on Julia Allison's Non-Society blog lifecast, and I can easily imagine the fabulous Julia ensconced in one of those first class suites.

Now I'm officially planning my Dubai golf trip, and I'm definitely planning to begin my trip with the New York-Dubai direct on Emirates. From there I've just got to decide which of the golf courses to play. Golf in Dubai lists nine, with more on the way, designed by legendary golfers and golf course architects. They all sound fabulous.

So, I'll keep you posted, but at this point I'm hoping for a February 2009 golf experience, in an over-the-top desert kingdom that just keeps getting better.

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I've just booked flights there and don't know much about the golf in the area.....time to investigate. Got any links on where I should start for golf there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to go as I have wanted to sell my jewelry there in their fab hotels - I may have to consider a trip myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep - I can see it now - your hubby is running around to all your computers, blocking these web sites and cancelling magazine subscriptions so you don't get these ideas anymore !! :-) (he did, however, order you a few burkas for the trip) ;-)

    sounds like a great trip. the Tiger Woods designed course won't be open by then, but there is always indoor skiing instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will live vicariously through you on your trip. Emirates looks amazing. My husband insisted we fly Concorde before they were grounded. It was a cool experience, but this looks like a much more enjoyable journey -- not to mention the golf. I want all the luxurious details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great. Somehow I just don't picture golf in the Arab countries (having been born and raised In Kuwait till the age of 11) but I guess that is changing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it should be luxurious, afterall the arabs have been gouging us on oil prices for years.

    just keep supporting and promoting these fucks - maybe they will finance another building demolition in NYC in 2009.

    i'll pass on dubai and instead remember the fallen heros of 9.11.01!

    ReplyDelete
  7. John, a good friend of mine, has been based there for a few years and he can confirm that golfing is good, i.e. The Emirates Golf Club by Faldo [http://www.dubaigolf.com/egc/Default.aspx]. Then again, he takes evey opportunity to visit us here in Thailand for a long weekend of amazing golf. You should make a stop in Bangkok or Phuket on your way to Dubai :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making goonzu gold
    is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of goonzu money
    . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of goonzu online gold
    almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of cheap goonzu gold
    here I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to buy goonzu gold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this very useful information.home school | ged diploma

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...