Monday

Glorious Autumn Golf Weekend in New England (Updated II)




















The weather was as awesome as it gets. I played golf and worked on my new videos...even wore a visor...after criticizing the look numerous times.

We're about a week away from peak color here in southwestern CT and the leaf peepers are on the prowl.

Update: Regarding my "hair glow", the truth is, I was attempting to become a blonde add a few subtle highlights for a video I was making...and managed to turn my hair a kind of glowing orange color, which was somewhat cool and somewhat scary. I'm rehabilitating it now, but it actually looks much better in real life and on the video which I'll be posting soon.

More about my fun and fabulous golf weekend later today.

Update II:
Well yes, today flew by, and the weekend's just a memory. But a really good one. On Saturday I went up to the pastoral, pretty town of Southbury, where I love to play alone on the awesome little par 3. And it was perfect. Families, couples, senior citizens...those were the golfers making there ways across the rolling hills of Gainsfield Farms. Nary a testosterone-fuled foursome to be found. That was fine with me, I wasn't in a hurry. I practiced my short game, the pitches and chips and bunker shots. Did lots of putting too. It was good.

On Sunday I played Candlewood Valley with Nick, and I played NBFM. My score was 102. Yes...that's NBFM. I'm still hoping to break 100 by the end of this season, and I'm pretty sure I will. Some would say "you're on your third season and you still haven't broken 100? To which I'd respond, "Yeah, I'm normal."

14 comments:

  1. You see, visors don't have to be bad, you just have to know how to rock them. It helps to have incredibly shiny hair, that's serious hair glare there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - "hair glare"...I guess that beats a blinding reflection off of a bald dome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visors also prevent hat head look. That can really make for a bad day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your hair looks AMAZING! In a good way, LOL. It probably matched the beautiful Fall colors too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the video. Hoping it will feature the golf lingerie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rock the Visor HARD,ggirl.... YOU look smashing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to hearing how your weekend went. I tried to go twice and both courses were being prep'd for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'd be under 100 easy right now if you just lied on your score card like everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This will be the first time I agree with Anon regarding the (golf lingere)yikes,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  10. "testosterone fueled foursome" ??? Geez - I detect some serious man hatin' goin' on here. ;-/

    ReplyDelete
  11. "normal" is right - I read a while back that less than 40% of all golfers ever break 100 (probably less than the actual number if people kept score correctly) - somewhere around 10% break 90.

    This isn't an easy game !

    ReplyDelete
  12. You'll be under 100 in NO time. Afterwards, you'll have a victory beer and before it's half finished you will be figuring out how to break 90. Isn't this a great game?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also am a former visor hater who now is rarely seen on the course without one. It just shows you that even iconoclasts will come around to a fashion fad eventually. Still, you won't find me in argyle.

    Fall in New England is such a great time to play. Hawaii has no perceptible autumn, and Colorado autumns are lovely but...different than back east.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Making gw gold is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of GuildWars Gold . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of Guild Wars Gold almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of GuildWars moneyhere I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to make cheap gw gold.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...