Monday

Golf Girls Head To Arabia for the Dubai Ladies Masters















It's the season ending event for the Ladies European Tour, and it's getting underway right now in the desert playground of Dubai.

For the past two years the Dubai Ladies Masters has been a colorful and exciting tournament. The the culture of cosmopolitan glamour that defines the city seems to spill onto the course; with golfers wearing decidedly more colorful... and often more risque... outfits. Photos of the tournament's off course events frequently feature sumptuous and exotic banquets and middle eastern dancers. You almost get the impression that the week is one big party.

Well this year, by all accounts, there will be a big party. The Swedish press are dubbing it the "Annika Sorenstam Farewell Party" and considering that Annika is the only golfer to have won the this tournament her impending retirement certainly has a special meaning and according to local sources, the entire area is flooded with international journalists.

The on course action promises to be ultra exciting too, because though on the verge of her retirement Annika is certainly hoping to kiss that whimsical "Lady in Silver" trophy one more time.

6 comments:

  1. I want Annika to end this stage of her career on a high note. It was so fun watching her at the Lorena Ochoa Invitational, but the ADT Champs was a disappointment in this regard.

    With that kind of Swedish support, I hope she's hot on the course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if it will be more subdued this year due to the economy, it seems Dubai is getting hit by the slowdown too. In any case, that's one strange looking trophy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they keep the racy outfits!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t think Annika will have much trouble handling this field. According to sources at the Lexus cup, her game was as good as ever. Unless her emotions get in the way I think it will be an all Swedish finish. Annika, Sophie G, and Louise Friberg. Yes, I agree with Anon I am all for the racy outfits !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are there any players from the US over there? I though I remembered Natalie Gulbis going last year, or was that another event? Anyway I agree the banquets and dances are always fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making habbo credits
    is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of habbo gold. Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of habbo coinsalmost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of cheap habbo credits here I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to buy habbo gold.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...