Tuesday

Winter Golf ... Kept Warm, Dry and Stylish

We played 18 holes of golf yesterday, in the stark, desolate landscape a CT winter.

Actually it wasn't really stark or desolate, we're in the the suburbs of NYC - not the Yukon territory, but it was cold and dank, and totally devoid of the lush green of summer.

But I was fine! - Except for my face, which was frozen and my hands which I could hardly feel by about the 5th hole.

My torso however, stayed warm and dry. And unlike our previous couple of rounds where I looked like a cross between the Michelin Man and the Pillsbury Dough Boy (no photos available), I wore one efficient item of outerwear. Yes, instead of that bulky rain jacket over that chunky windproof fleece...thing, I wore the ultra-slim, ultra-insulating Cameron Jacket, from the Typhoon Collection by Sunice. It's perfect for the chill wet windy days we'll be playing in around here for the next while.

Check out my full review on About.com Golf for additional details on this exemplary item of outerwear.

7 comments:

  1. No way I can play in cold weather. Cold being under 40. I just find it unpleasant and distracting. Grew up in SoCal, it didn't prepare me for weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on growl be a man. Or maybe you're a girl. Are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I can't imagine you ever looking like the Pillsbury Dough Boy!
    ;) The jacket seems excellent, but I still don't know how you play in freezing weather, and I grew up in NH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess I am lucky because I can play all year long in the Canary Island without a sweater....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell me that photo was taken before the 18 holes. I would be a cold and winded mess. I can't figure out what to do about the face either and I draw the line at a face mask. I do use the big golf mittens to keep my hands warm between shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Patricia, like Heather I was going to recommend the golf mittens, they look a bit cartoonish, but do keep your hands warm.

    There there are the lucky people living on the Canary Island. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you're not a wimp, Patricia. Golf originated in Scotland, not Florida. Teeing off when it's damp and chilly keeps us in touch with golf's roots.

    John

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...