Friday

It's Friday and Perez Hilton Covers a Golf Story

It appeared this morning, sandwiched between "Ashley Tisdale goes Topless" and "Murray and Burton leave One Tree Hill".

A rare find; the Perez Hilton golf story. Actually it's a pop culture story (shocking), but golf plays a minor to middling role, so it still qualifies as an oddity.

The Queen of All Media touched upon Tiger's return to golf earlier this year but that was clearly an anomaly. Normally Mario Lavandeira doesn't have much to do with golf, preferring hobbies such as outing celebs or judging beauty pagents.

Today's post had to do with how Rudy Guliani's portly son Andrew, skipped graduation to train for a golf tournament. I'm thinking this piece got in because Andrew is discernibly douchy and because Oprah was involved.

Reactions to the story were mixed, however quite a number of commenters seemed to agree that Andrew's choice of golf over a graduation ceremony...even one with an A-list commencement speaker...was a no brainer.

7 comments:

  1. Apparel of Laughs5/22/2009 12:55 PM

    I'd take a visor and bermudas over a cap and gown anytime ... unless Oprah hid a set of new clubs under the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I strongly disagree with previous commenter.

    If you wore a visor and bermudas over a cap and gown, you'd look ridiculous, too busy.

    My sister Naria gave it a shot and didn't attract one guy all week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just hope I never have to see Perez Hilton on a golf course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hope I never have to see Perez Hilton in the course of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Graduation ceremonies are way too boring, hot and sweaty. Still it is a right of passage.

    I attended mine in rain and sleet and had to sit directly behind an old boyfriend.

    I would rather have been golfing...and I didn't golf at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not anywhere near being a fan of Andrew Giuliani - he's a twirp at best, but I'm with him on skipping anything to do with Oprah to train for golf...or pretty much anything else for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "unless Oprah hid a set of new clubs under the chairs."


    Oprah could hide a set of new clubs under her skort.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...