Tuesday

Get Ready for The Wife Swapping Golfers

OK, I know how it sounds, but I assure you this isn't a salacious excerpt from a John Updike novel. Neither is it an intro to the headline act at an upcoming swinger's convention.

It's actually a casting call and it may apply to you...and yours. I received an email from a casting director earlier today. She's looking for "Golf Families" for ABC's Wife Swap. Which is one of the better reality shows IMO. It's the one where two women from drastically different families change places and live each other's lives for seven days.

For this particular episode they want one of the moms to be golf obsessed. As in: your life revolves around getting to a tee time, golf lesson, or driving range and sharing golf with your family. The chosen family will receive a generous financial honorarium.

So, if that's you... and you're interested, please send me an email...with your email, so I can send it on to the casting director who'll then contact you.

You can always find me here: thegolfgirl@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. Reality TV nah, but I'd happily swap my wife for a set of Callaway irons! (just kidding!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This ought to be interesting.

    Then again, as poor as ABCD's (ABC - Disney) golf coverage is, I am somewhat dubious.

    Good luck to the contestants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. I'm a wife. I'm an obsessed golfer. I'm a mom. And they didn't send ME an email? ;o)

    It's a good thing I didn't get the job in Australia, otherwise I might not be available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a new set of iron for my wife last year.

    I think that was a pretty good swap. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what the OTHER wife's idiosyncrasy will be.

    One obsessed golf wife/mother. Is she going to be from a family where the hubby is also a golfer and golf is a big part of family life ? Will she be a country club wife - where hubby is off working and her social life revolves around the club ?

    The other...hates sports ? prefers Oprah and bon-bons to being out in the fresh air and sunshine ? A non-descript "hippy" where the self-discipline of the game is too much hassle ? A former criminal who hates any kind of rules ? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather was the first one I thought of. Of course, she is now O-fer-2009 with her turn downs from Golf Digest to play Bethpage Black and her attempt to desert her family and move to 'down under'...

    She's trying pretty hard to get out of Ohio...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the other wife should be one of those fashionista, ladies who lunch types. very urban, always weares 4 in minola stilletoes.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...