Wednesday

Sexy Sun Protection for Golfers - Sergio Garcia's Mission

As I was perusing the aisles of my local CVS recently, something seemed slightly out-of-context.

Like many suburban Americans I find myself in that store almost everyday, seduced by its predictable convenience and ample product offering.

On such shopping trips I rarely pay attention to the in-store sound system as it placidly pumps out a blend light favorites and cheery voice-overs for the latest toothpaste or cold medicine. However, when I heard Sergio Garcia's name mentioned (on the heels of a lilting Neil Diamond instrumental) the other day I did take notice.

Turns out the cheery voice guy was talking about Mission Skincare. It's a new line of skincare products... and Sergio Garcia is one of its co-founders. So is Serena Williams.

That being the case, I was actually motivated to investigate further, and what I discovered was a panoply of products many of them sun-related. Being 100% Irish myself, sun protection has always been a total necessity for me. I've tried every SPF product and as a huge fan of the golden tan, I'm sometimes referred to as the queen of the orange skinned aliens self-tanners.

What I found in the Mission Skincare line that I really liked was the Anti-Sting Sunscreen SPF 30+ Facestick (easy to apply and really doesn't sting) and the Fast-Drying Sunscreen SPF 30+ Spray (ultra-easy application and no-mess quickness). The SPF 15 Lip Balmers come in lots of amazing flavors too.

Other awesome stars from a wide variety of sports are involved with Mission Skincare as well; soccer icon Mia Hamm, swimmer Amanda Beard, skateboard phenom Ryan Sheckler and many more. A team that can even make sun protection sexy and that's saying something.

Oh, and by the way, Serena's pomegranate is much tastier than Sergio's mint. IMHO.

5 comments:

  1. My first thought was that Sergio and Serena would hardly need sun protection but I guess the sun is actually bad for everyone not just us fair skinned anglos. Ironic that something which seems so good can be so bad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunscreen has sure come a long way. I still remember the zinc oxide days. I also remember when lip balm was called chapstick and didn't taste like mint or pomegranate. I guess I'm officially old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the packaging and the flavored lip balms. I'll check it out. Makes sense to have athletes of outdoor sports working with skincare companies. But what about Adam? Maybe he could have a "Presidential Lip Balm."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Sergio Garcia Mission. I think that he has a great swing!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...