Friday

Sony Open - Once Again Y. E. Yang Stands Out ...

... in another stunning shirt!

~ Yong-Eun Yang made another bold, tricolor shirt statement yesterday at the Sony Open - thanks to his clothing sponsor Le Coq Sportif. ~ And it featured a familiar patriotic color palette.

On the fairways of Waialae however, Mr. Yang met with some pretty epic frustration. While he finished the first round even - which meant T47 on the crowded leaderboard - his playing partners, Zach Johnson and Davis Love III, Both shot 5-under-par 65s and ended up with a share of the six-way-tie lead. But here's the thing: all three partners were 4-under after 14 holes! Unfortunately, the 2009 PGA Championship winner played the next three in 4-over. Which = epic frustration. Which = OUCH!

Yes, golf can be painful, but I believe in redemption and the power of an awesome shirt. So I'm looking for Mr. Yang to make a move up the leaderboard today... and I'm hoping he sticks with his fearless fashion statements.

Oh and speaking of golf fashion statements... I plan to devote some of this cold Connecticut weekend to reading the stories I've missed in my favorite golf blogs. And I intend to start with The Khaki Crusader, a blog where astute observations... and stellar writing... on the ever-changing world of golf style are a given.