Sunday

Hawaii Golf, Danielle Tucker & A Little Tartan Book


Ever since I first took up golf I've dreamed of playing in Hawaii. ~ In fact, I often fantasize about the breathtaking scenery, unforgettable signature holes and championship courses that play host to the PGA Tour for the SBS Championship and the Sony Open during the depths of our New England winter.

So I was intrigued when I first got to know Danielle Tucker, and started listening to her radio show The Golf Club. Danielle is a true radio professional and a Hawaii native. She's been on the air for a couple of decades and knows all there is to know about Hawaii Golf and the golf lifestyle in Hawaii.

Danielle has great guests too. And she always seems to be able to bring out the best in them. So I was delighted when she suggested I do the show and talk about my Little Tartan Book.

So that's just was we did on Saturday, and we had an awesome time. We talked about how women are so frequently intimidated by the game how to help them... and all beginning golfers... build up the confidence to enjoy the game.

We also touched upon my Hawaiian golf obsession and Danielle was more tha happy to recommend her favorite Hawaii golf courses

living in the northeast, the distance to Danielle's island paradise can be daunting. My limited time... plus a low tolerance for commercial air travel... have thus far prevented me from living my Hawaii fantasy. However, now that I've gotten to know this ultra-nice Hawaii golf expert, I feel like I'm one step closer.

And I know that as soon as I decide to go, Ms Tucker will be ready to book our Hawaii Tee times.

5 comments:

  1. I have golf in Hawaii on my bucket list. I hate all flying, but it's a necessary evil if I want to see the world's courses—not to mention escape the bleak Ohio winters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawaii is a magical place to play. Heather you're wise to have it on your bucket list and coming from MN I can relate to the winter blues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patricia and Heather, if you go don't miss Makaha West on Oahu! My best golf experience ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Danielle's show and certainly Hawaii should be on anyone's list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Patricia, Danielle's show is a lot of fun (just like her) and a perfect place to tell people about your book. I hope you get to play golf there one day, heck I hope I get to play there one day, and wouldn't it be fun to do it with Danielle....

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...