Wednesday

A Little Tartan Book Signing & Golf in New Canaan.


Elm Street Books is a warm and welcoming place. ~ It's an independent bookstore where general manager Kathleen Millard and her staff greet many shoppers by name. ~ They carry an awesomely eclectic mix of books plus a unique selection of toys and gifts.

New Canaan and it's neighboring towns are home to a substantial number of golfers. The New Canaan Country Club features a tight, tree lined turn-of-the-century course listed by the USGA as one of the first 100 clubs established in the U.S. It was redesigned by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. in 1960 and by all accounts is a pleasure to play. ~ About 15 minutes away is Pound Ridge Country Club... the fabulous Pete Dye course I wrote about a while back... and there are many other, including beautiful Richter Park, where you'll often find me struggling playing on a Saturday afternoon. However this past Saturday I was in the center of New Canaan at the aforementioned Elm Street Books signing copies of my Little Tartan Book.

Several avid readers of Golf Girl's Diary stopped by and it was great to connect with them in person. I also met quite a few golfers who'd never read any kind of "golf blog" before and were surprised when I explained there were thousands of them.
















I brought along some of my "Country Club Cupcakes" and "Sweet Arnie" cocktails because... they're the kind of refreshments that make any event more festive. I'll be posting a schedule of additional signing events in the next couple of days, and if they're as much fun as Saturday at Elm Street book I've definitely got something to look forward too.

5 comments:

  1. "Awesomely" is NOT a word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is... or if it's not, it should be. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep it's a word. If I remember correctly Pat, you invented it back in 2007 or something. ;)

    It was great to see you in NC... and the cupcakes were delish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know when you're coming to Jersey, Cupcake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Awesomely" is totally a word!! Actually anything with awesome "in" it is a word. ;-) BTW love the melange pics AND the cupcakes...I am inspired to make some tonight! Seriously ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...