Thursday

Thursday Update from Golf Girl World

I'll be doing a regular "Thursday Update" from now on. It's just a quick update on what's going on behind the scenes at Golf Girl Media.

This has been SUCH a crazy week!

As an official member of the Golf Girl Media team, I’ve been doing everything sending off various emails to various people.... for various reasons, and working on ways to make Golf Girl Media, not only a company but... um, an empire? OK, maybe a tad bit of an overreach, but you get the picture.

I've also been managing some social media stuff, for example I launched the GolfGirlMedia Facebook page. Now (I’ve been told) I've got to help transform it into a beautiful, seductive, interactive place to connect... and exchange ideas... on some of golf's most fascinating people, beautiful places and unique products. The GolfGirl got on Facebook in the early days with a personal profile ...when that was the only option. Problem is, that format only allows 5,000 connections and as we ALL know, golf is much bigger than that. The GolfGirl's personal page is getting close to that number and the "Facebook police" are already telling us we can't add any more contacts. So this week we produced our new Page: GolfGirlMedia. So... if you indulge in Facebook please “like” us.

Oh... in addition to FB, I'm twittering (@GolfGirl_Junior), and exploring some of the other social media options flying around on the internet. I'll keep you posted on those explorations.

In other news: Golf Geeks rejoice! We're starting a new column at Golf Girl Media. We're calling it Golf Geek Weekly and we'll be reviewing the latest golf apps for iPhone, ipad, Blackberry and Android... including games, scorecards, guides and more. I'm crazy about apps BTW.

Finally, this week’s GolfGirlJunior poll was inspired by a suggestion from one of our awesome readers, Frank D, who hails from a mythical place called Ft. Liquordale, in sunny Florida: "Can a man enjoy dating a woman who plays golf better than he does?"

Drop your answers below or email them to me and we'll present some of the best on our BlogTalk Radio show next week, and share them on the aforementioned FB page.

Well, that's it for this week have a good weekend.

8 comments:

  1. You'll have to hear from the guys on this one, but I'm guessing some guys might be pretty proud to have a serious golfing gal by their side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on my game and dreaming of the day I get to be better than my boyfriend. Then we'll see what the answer is. For now he tells me he'd have no problem with it, but I'm not so sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got mixed feelings on that one. I really like playing with better players because I feel like it makes me play better, but I also hate it when someone beats me. Would it be worse if that person was a woman? I hate to admit it but it might be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So who's gonna give me a behind the scenes tour of golf girl media intl. HQ..??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking for the younger members of my sex (even though I'm a "couple" years beyond that), I would hope they are sane enough to be willing to overlook a serious on course butt- kicking to take a Morgan Pressel, Brittany Lincicome, or Paula Creamer out.

    If they can't figure that out, then they should not be allowed near scissors, etc....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obviously very secure in my masculinity because I'd have no problem at all playing with a women who was better than me.

    Oh, and where can I sign up for the serious on course butt-kicking to take a Morgan Pressel, Brittany Lincicome, or Paula Creamer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend of mine (handicap 18) started dating a female golfer (handicap 2) and after a couple of rounds of golf together he stopped seeing her.... Hmmmph....

    ReplyDelete
  8. .

    i couldn't do it

    i've had my chances but i just couldn't do it

    guys may say they can, but i haven't yet met any really who do

    frankD
    ftlauderdalesofla

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...