Monday

Musings of a Golf Newbie - Life & the Game

.
By Jordan Farr

We've all heard that golf is a great metaphor for life.

At its most basic, it's the highs and the lows... and the ups and the downs... that can be compared. ~ And a bad break sometimes leads to a good outcome, both on the course and off.

Though there are choices in the way one proceeds... through the years, or down the fairway... in both golf and life there comes a time when you've got to play it from where it falls... and make the best of it. Then you hope like hell heck for the best possible outcome.

The most significant difference I see between golf and life is that in life, you only have one round to get it right... at least on this earth.

6 comments:

  1. I like it Miss Golf Girl Junior. Simple and to the point. And I think you're quickly getting addicted to golf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't let the frustration get to you Junior, because there will be a lot of it. After all, that's golf/life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Jordan. I would add "remember to have fun" but I don't think I need to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I wander the back nine of life, looking for my ball in the heavy rough of the 13th or 14th hole (with luck), I can look back at my front nine and see some good shots and bad shots.

    Remember Junior, you are just starting out in your round of golf and just starting out in your round of life. You will have a bogey here or there along the way.

    Then again, I'm very confident you will have quite a few birdies. Many more birdies to more than make up for the occasional bogey!! :)

    Being a fan of yours, remember I'm available to carry yur bag, drive your cart, and of course clap from your gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had your attitude GGJr. I get frustrated far too easily.

    I <3 Ducks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, there. An unconventional comparison between life and golf, I must say. And I really liked it. I agree with your point of view that there are setbacks both in life and in golf. However, it is crucial to pick oneself up and keep moving on. I think it is really important to learn from your mistakes and enjoy yourself, both in life and in golf. Keep up your fighting spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...