Thursday

Thanksgiving Outtakes and Hot Rickie Fowler

.
My last few days have included nine holes of golf,  a modicum of writing and an inhabitual amount of time spent in the kitchen.  I made four pies and a massive amount of cranberry sauce.  I also rediscovered my amazing  collection of antique French silverware... and actually remembered why I collected it in the first place.



We're having Thanksgiving at our house for the first time in years... for a dozen people... and it's a  bigger deal than I remember.  Clearly, I've lost the Martha Stewart mojo I once had.

Anyway, we told you on Monday about Hot Rickie Fowler,  the drink we'd invented for our chilly days at the golf course.  Based on the celebrated "Arnold Palmer", this hot variation is inspired by one of our favorite new golfers: rookie star Rickie Fowler... and his predilection for the color orange.

To make a long story short,  Jordan and I planned to make a video about this awesome drink...and we attempted to do so... however my idiosyncratic assistant was having trouble pronouncing Rickie Fowler's name, if you can believe that concentrating, which resulted in  multiple takes.  Ultimately we ran out of time and the exhausted "Golf Girl Junior" had to head home.

So I made my own video which you can find on our Golf Girl Media facebook page with the recipe... and history.   In the meantime Jordan thought you might find our "blooper reel" um...pathetically amusing funny. 

Best wishes to all for a Happy Thanksgiving.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving you guys. I'm playing on Friday and the temps are predicted to be in the upper 30s. I'm definitely bringing Hot Rickie Fowler with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great holiday Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Fowler is undoubtedly a huge talent but I think it's a bit soon to name a drink after him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks to me like you gals may have had a few spiked Rickie Fowlers before making the video. ;-)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I discovered your recipe for the Arnold Palmer turkey a couple of years ago... it's the only way I ever cook a turkey now. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Turkey Day Golf Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot Ricky Fowler is best with 2 shots of vodka in it. Yum! Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you ever tried Paula Deen's Arnold Palmer cupcakes? A Rickie Fowler version of those would probably be great too. I hope your Thanksgiving was bountiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patricia - I think you're overworking Jordan. Give the girl a break :))
    Happy Turkey Day.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...