Monday

2012 A Year of Hope ...and Golf for Global Understanding

Golf in Iran                                 (AP Photo/Vahid Salemi)
Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2012!

If you put any credence in the Mayan calendar your New Years celebration was probably somewhat subdued last night.  After all, according to many interpretations of that document, this marks the year catastrophe and cataclysmic natural disaster will bring about end of the world... on December 21, 2012 to be exact ... Not exactly uplifting news.

Personally, I'm rather sceptical of the whole doomsday thing and... worst case scenario... we've got almost a full year left... to work on swings/putting, to help grow golf by introducing non-golfers the joys of the game, and to connect with golfers around the world.   There's a lot to look forward to.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia,

    Outstanding post. It connects 3 things I pursue. Positive outlook on everything. The structure of golf reflecting many of the ideals that should prevail in a goodly society.

    And, I do a large amount of study on this Dec.21, 2012 occurrence. I see a lot of true writing and video showing this time (frame) as being a very positive, forward step in our progress through the pre-destined timeline. I give great credence to the legends, "myths", religious documents of all religions. And, I have learned enough to tie it all in with our Bible.

    Golf ranks with the most positive types of socializing because of its demand for interacting in the most desirable ways. There are going to be "hiccups" along the final stages of this age.

    But, I operate on the knowledge it is all going to work out for a better end.

    I know you will do as much as you can to keep a positive angle shining in all this.

    May GOD bless you and your family.

    Glen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definitely Glen, it can be so positive... Best Wishes for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2012 ! I can't wait to see what you're going to wear in Iran. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only got one hope for golf in 2012: to see Tiger on Sundays. Otherwise I'm good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you reminded me of the Maya calendar thing sooner. I bought my 2012 Christmas cards already. Story of my life. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...