Tuesday

The Druzy Putting Green: A Rather Odd Piece of Golf Jewelry

At first, I didn't know what to make of it.

The headline presents it as a "Cocktail Ring for the Golf Wife" but the styling seems altogether too rustic to complement a contemporary cocktail dress.  The oxidized silver certainly isn't very shiny, and the Garnet Druzy Uvarovite... that crystallized green rock that represents the putting surface... appears to have seen better days.  However it's the silver flag stick that really renders this ring unwearable. Can you imagine what it would be like to wear a ring like this around town... or even just out to dinner?  I can: with an unwieldy object like that on my finger, I'm quite sure I'd end up hurting someone ...or tearing something.  In any case, I'm quite certain disaster would ensue. Then there's the price: $890.00.  It's not quite in my range.

So when a friend of mine showed me this photo the other day I wasn't too impressed.  However I will admit that it's unique.  So with that in mind, I'm posting it, and those who like unique may wish give this ring a second look here.

7 comments:

  1. .

    as a ring no, but maybe as a brooch - does anyone wear brooches anymore ?

    i agree that anything pointy on the hand is dangerous although the girly-girl fashion here in SOBE does include feather fingernails

    unfortunately most real lady golfers are unable to bring their hands, as fashion statements, into the picture for obvious reasons

    frankD
    ftliquoredale 33316

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feather fingernails? Frank do you have any photos of those? I don't think they've come to southern Indiana yet. But your idea for the brooch is good the flagstick would need to be bent flush with the green. Still not worth $890 though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got something like that in a gum machine once... or maybe it was a cereal box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. .

    ashgolf,

    not only feather fingernails, but feather eyebrows to match

    we had a famous hairstylist visit us at the W in ft lauderdale and my daughter, who is in-the-biz, attended and came away with all sorts of new ideas - including that people will pay $950 for a hair-do

    (this famous hairstylist recently received renown for his work on some of the SI swimsuit models, not that any men would notice, but my daughter did)

    you just don't sneeze or else everything just blows off

    alas, i suppose women in southern indian wear sensible shoes as well, so maybe a boa is all you can get to do there

    anyway be well


    frankD
    ftliquordale soFLA 33316


    .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough pin placement, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That ring is definetely something hard to tee off on!!! lol

    orlandogolflessons.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just the best golf jewelry : jan-d-golf.com . Handmade , and hand signed , sterling silver .

    jan

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...