Saturday

Golf Antiques On The Block - As The Masters Approaches, The Bidding Begins



The month of March is on the wane and Masters week is fast approaching! 

Right on cue, the Spring auction is live at Green Jacket Auctions with an amazing array of golf memorabilia up for grabs. Bidding ends on August 8, ...final round eve. 

Just a few of the fabulous... and curious... items on the block are: an 1850s golf ball mold, a brass "parlor putter", and an authentic green jacket found in a Toronto thrift shop. There's also a wide selection of highly collectible, multi-chromatic Masters Badges... you know, the ones that sometimes festoon the hats of longtime patrons. 


A while back I wrote about Green Jacket Auctions in reference to a whimsical tee marker I missed out on. This time I have my eye on another distinctive item which I will not name (why draw competition to my coveted... item) suffice to say it will be perfect in my garden, and I intend to win it.

I'll definitely be keeping up with the bidding from Augusta, where I'll be spending a few days. I've just got to remember not to let the azaleas distract me. 

If you're looking to attend The Masters this year, our sponsor Ticket City will help you find the perfect tickets --> TICKET CITY GOLF TICKETS