Tuesday

An Extended Weekend of Golf and Other Various and Sundry Pleasures

We're just back from an incredible long weekend in Montréal. In addition to two awesome days of golf, we took long walks through the cobblestone streets of the old city and drank plenty of Molson. Nick's sister and her family live in Montréal and we spent lots of time with them. They're an extremely talented, fun and fascinating lot so a good time was had by all.

My fabulous lime Birdie Girl bag waits paitently in front of our hotel.


On Friday it was ultra hot and humid. Call me crazy, but I love heat and humidity. We played the links course at Club de Golf de l'ile de Montréal, just outside the city. It was the first time I've played a links course and I really loved it...cept for the bunkers.

Saturday the steamy heat was gone, but the sunshine remained, making it a gorgeous day. Perfect for ... say...playing at Le Mirage. There it was all about flowers and waterfalls and lush green fairways...Celine's influence, I imagine. Needless to say I loved that too.



Lots more about both of these of these wonderful courses later this week. In the meantime I should have additional photo up on Flickr by tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Those courses look fabulous!

    BTW - Your swing doesn't look too bad in that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post inspired me to plan a trip up to Montreal. I'm heading up the second week in Sept. How did you get to play at Mirage by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hot & steamy ... in Canada? Whoda thunk it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, The Bag is my awesome Birdie Girl stand bag. It's admired everywhere I go! :)

    They're available at http://www.birdiegirl.ca/site/index.asp

    Anon, we have a friend who's a member. He's a great golfer too so that was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat,

    Looking at your swing, you need a lesson...

    The path is too 'inside' and your weight shift to the wrong side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say, rather then the previous poster, I admire your "stack and tilt" and find your image - swing quite appealing. I understand this new approach can put undue stress on the neck (Mike Weir for example).

    Alas, this is all from a distance, but to be real sure, would need a "closer look"!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, yeah, I know may swing is not great, but I'm working on it...specially the weight shift part.

    I like the sound of "stack and tilt" though, and would welcome the "closer look".

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patricia:

    Great blog! I should have my wife check it out, I'm trying to get her interested in getting on the course with me.

    Since you're already commenting about your backswing, is your right leg always that straight, or do you normally have it slightly flexed? That simple change may help you with your weight shift by keeping you more balanced and centered.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The links course looks awesome. I'm going to me in Montreal over the Labour Day weekend. I'll have to check it out...

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...