Golf in the Alps - The Awesome Evian Masters

For fifteen years now, in a slice of paradise between snow capped mountains and crystal clear lakes, the top golf girls gather to contest the Evian Masters.

The spectacular alpine setting, the glamour of fine European golf tradition and, of course, the stellar play of the worlds best, create a truly special tournament. Many LPGA stars list it among their favorite stops on the tour.

I was in Evian-les-Bains a couple of years ago, just a week after playing golf for the first my life. Needless to say, I didn't get beyond the Evian Royal Resort's 5 hole pitch and putt. Even that was gorgeous however, and I promised myself I'd get back to play the Master's course... which I will one of these days.

For now I'm just looking forward to this year's tournament which runs from July 24 to 27. It promises to be especially exciting with story lines galore. I'll be posting more as the the event approaches. In the meantime check out the official website for all kinds of news, history, profiles and info...lots of interactivity live blogging and podcast, social networking and contests. You can even send cheer message to your favorite players... like I just did to my fave, Cristie Kerr.

So check the out the Evian Masters site and get involved, it's the next best thing to being there.