Monday

Golf in the Alps - The Awesome Evian Masters

For fifteen years now, in a slice of paradise between snow capped mountains and crystal clear lakes, the top golf girls gather to contest the Evian Masters.

The spectacular alpine setting, the glamour of fine European golf tradition and, of course, the stellar play of the worlds best, create a truly special tournament. Many LPGA stars list it among their favorite stops on the tour.



I was in Evian-les-Bains a couple of years ago, just a week after playing golf for the first time...in my life. Needless to say, I didn't get beyond the Evian Royal Resort's 5 hole pitch and putt. Even that was gorgeous however, and I promised myself I'd get back to play the Master's course... which I will one of these days.

For now I'm just looking forward to this year's tournament which runs from July 24 to 27. It promises to be especially exciting with story lines galore. I'll be posting more as the the event approaches. In the meantime check out the official website for all kinds of news, history, profiles and info...lots of interactivity too...like live blogging and podcast, social networking and contests. You can even send cheer message to your favorite players... like I just did to my fave, Cristie Kerr.

So check the out the Evian Masters site and get involved, it's the next best thing to being there.

9 comments:

  1. cool video - that head drop from Gulbis looks even bigger in slow motion !

    So - GG - when are you renting the jet to take us all over to France for a round on this course ? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Natalie wears one of her lovely booty skirts in the Alps. That would sure add to the glorious scenery ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Patricia,
    Hope everything is fine and that you received the embed code for that TV copy you asked me for.
    And check this out : http://www.evianmasters.com/blog/?p=251

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful part of the world. I hope they have some good TV coverage of this over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love that Evian. Bottle up free water and sell it for profit. Pure genius. When they first started bottling the stuff, I thought that customers can't be that naive...

    Is there a reason that their company name is "naive" spelled backwards?

    Next, bottled air...

    OK, let's chase the little white ball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. photoperv-mark: That's funny. My French husband is totally addicted to Evian water. We have 40 cases in our basement. When we go to the beach he brings a couple of bottles and pours them on himself to wash off the salt water. Everyone says he's nuts, now I know he's just "naive". I'm a bit "naive" myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I guess I'm 'naive' as well...it does have a different taste, unlike the undrinkable Aquafina...I do like that and Fiji if not drinking from the home tap. My office one tastes like jumping into a swimming pool! :-) Love the Evian Masters, great scenery and a beautiful place for golf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia
    Too bad you're not in Evian this year, I am.
    But too bad again, as only a bad golfblogger, I am not allowed to post pictures on the net, LPGA configuration, hard rules, presse card, and all that terrible things...

    happy to see you on the facebook group of the official site, a first opening from the Evian MAsters to the web fans, hope this door will be open more and more in the future.It's the good way.

    Good blogging Patricia, say a litlle prayer for me, I will try to make some pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi
    Many changes this year around the clubhouse, you'll not recognize it....
    Very good for VIP, but not for spectators... A new putting green, with acces only for VIP, that's ridiculous, and a very difficult acces to watch the practice ground.... they must change that !

    the course is at top, like the players, fantastic to watch, but watch is possible only on the course...

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...