Wednesday

Myriad Ways to Follow The LPGA at the Sybase Classic

.








Nowadays LPGA fans have a wealth of options when it comes to following favorite players.

The Tour has its own engaging site, LPGA.com where players are profiled, tournaments are tracked and stories are shared by an interactive community of Women's Golf aficionados. The Tour is active on Twitter and Facebook as well.

In addition the tournaments now frequently have interactive web identities of their own, that allow fans to experience events they can't travel to. This week's Sybase Classic, taking place at the Upper Montclair Country Club in Clifton, NJ, is a great example.

Their site definitely has a lot going on. Yet, it's easy to navigate. Informative and entertaining too, everything a tournament site should be. There's a blog that goes behind the scenes to the parties, practice sessions and ProAms, as well as the standard sections for info, volunteers, sponsors, press and history. Lots of great photos and videos too. On the social media side, again it's Twitter and Facebook oblige, for connecting with fans.

There'll be television coverage Fri-Sun on ESPN2, Oh, and I'll be there over the next few days as well, keeping you posted with my own observations. So yeah, I think we've got you covered. If you can make it out to Clifton, NJ, by all means, do... There's nothing like following a tournament live... but if you can't, be sure to catch the action virtually.

After all we're making it easy for you.

17 comments:

  1. Yikes Patricia!! Clifton, New Jersey!! You put NY. Hah! I should talk. My self editing is the pits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ducks... corrected...at least they're both tri-states. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, Women's Golf aficionados go well with Doritos.

    Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myriad, shmyriad, you'll be my Sybase of operations.

    Thems the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too late. I've already traveled to Clifton, NY, and camped out.

    I'm guessing I'll get a prime spot by the first tee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chief Wiggum's son5/13/2009 2:40 PM

    There are two Cliftons? Oh no! I'm still trying to figure out which Springfield I live in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jean Van de Velde5/13/2009 2:49 PM

    Enough, already. Let's ease up on Patricia.

    After all, we all make mistakes, even bigger than Clifton, NY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comic Book Guy5/13/2009 2:51 PM

    That last comment was British Openly funny.

    Best comment ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exxxxxcellent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exxxcellent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're repeat-diddly-iddling yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patricia, what exit?

    I have no idea who your fifth commentator, "Nada Clue", is, but I just stole his/her identity. That's the best name I've come across in many, many moons.

    Have fun in Joisey. Remember, you cannot pump your own gas in that state. Full serve only

    ReplyDelete
  13. Comic Book Guy5/13/2009 4:09 PM

    I've translated Mr. Van de Velde's comment into Clingon and emailed it to all my Clingon friends and/or enemies, one of whom informed me of the existence of the planet Clifton, plus Clifton 4, all of which can only add to the Clifton confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the LPGA and Sybase sites! It's amazing how far the golf worlds has come with social media and communications. (at least the women's golf world, I don't see nearly as much from the PGA).

    ReplyDelete
  15. What planet are you from?!?!

    It's Klingon, not Clingon!

    How on earth can you make a mistake like that?

    You obviously are in dire need of a forehead extension. I can recommend someone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Let me know if you want to play the course after the LPGA leaves. I am a member.

    ReplyDelete
  17. it's a beautiful course! look forward to seeing you there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...