Saturday

Y.E. Yang's Daring Second Round Shirt Selection

.














It was exuberantly red, white and blue.

So much so that it brought to mind images of a tablecloth at a fourth of July picnic. And the pattern was... just crazy enough to be distracting.

Perhaps that might be part of why the PGA Champion ran into trouble today. On the 18th he even managed a triple bogey. Ouch. For the Korean golfer... and for me. Yes, Mr. Yang's on my fantasy team.

That being said, I admire his willingness to take fashion risks. I'm assuming the shirt in question to be Le Coq Sportif, Mr. Yang's clothing sponsor.

One more thing I wanted to point out was an entertaining and interesting post by Kelly Tilghman. ~ In it she recounts the afternoon... a couple of days ago... she spent with Y.E. Yang and Angel Cabrera. Good stuff.

6 comments:

  1. Nice shirt but I think the red just above the belt is not quite right. That happens with me with a shirt like that sometimes. PH- I am putting a link to the Morgan Pressel charity fundraiser this week. I hope you don't mind. It's a wonderful cause and Cristie Kerr and Christina Kim both attended.

    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/st-andrews-country-club-of-boca-raton-members-team-up-with-morgan-pressel-to-raise-405000-to-fight-breast-cancer-81005742.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The change of pattern works out sometimes and does not at other times.Sad luck this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't wear it, but I like that he is trying something different and bold. I think it suits him.

    There's not a lot of room for personal expression during tourneys so I like seeing players try something fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. before i even read you caption i thought "what is up with that shirt?". i am a firm believer in dressing for success and that includes on the golf course. that shirt looks like something you would find at a garage sale. awful!!!!
    i can see him wanting to wear something that is different but that shirt should never have been manufactured. what were they thinking. it will definitely be on the clearance rack soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well different strokes for different folks then, because I love this shirt. Because I love red, white and blue but also because it's a statement-maker! The PGA tour needs more of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be interesting to see what he wears today... and how he plays. Thanks for the Kelly Tilghman like, good story.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...