Wednesday

Only Two Things - The Talk Show About Golf & Sex


We've all heard it: "Golf and Sex are the only two things you can enjoy without being good at them."

Hall of Fame golfer Jimmy Demaret said it first, but it rings true for many, and it's become one of the world's most popular golf quotes.

It's also the basis for a new call-in show I'm doing at Sports City Chefs on Blog Talk Radio.

"Only Two Things" will be live on BlogTalkRadio every Wednesday evening. ~ Tonight's show will be a kind of "preview" and it'll air beginning at 8:00PM ET. Starting next Wednesday we'll move to 10:00PM ET.

The format is simple; we'll start with a brief recap of the week's current golf stories... culled from the many unique golf blogs. We'll even pull from Twitter and other social networks. There are so many awesome and entertaining voices out there... and they often tell the stories traditional media is overlooking.

Then we'll move on to a topic du jour. Which can be anything that brings together... the two things: Golf and Sex. Some of the subjects I look forward to discussing are ones I've touched upon here at Golf Girl's Diary, such as:

*Golf groupies and eye candy caddies - entertainment or exploitation?

*Country club dress codes and ultra revealing golf apparel. Where do you stand?

*Early retirement for female pros, is it inevitable?

*Is there discrimination against women on the golf course & in the club house?

*The Tiger Woods aftermath - Are men just wired that way?

And lots of others... I want your ideas too. I'm hoping the discussion will be... um... animated and fun? Listeners are urged to call in and join and voice their opinions. You can also follow along and contribute via the chat room. So join us tonight at 8:00 ET for the preview show.

Only Two Things
Call-in: (917) 889-9592

9 comments:

  1. Just listened today, but will definitely join the convo next week. Lets pick a good topic. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When did you start this? I have to figure it all out. I know Jimmy Demaret pretty well. I know golf pretty well. I know sex pretty well. You have a podcast about this. It's always the same. In this case, the cigar guy and good friend ducks are the last to know! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two quick Jimmy Demaret items. Not sure the exact words he used, but he probably was the first golfer to swear- it took place when Tiger's Dad was probably still a cub. He was on TV live and said something like: "Goddamit he holed it." Pretty tame today, but in an era of black and white TV it stood out. I think the fact he exclaimed it in a positive way, it was not much of a big deal.

    The other item is that in the bio movie about Ben Hogan which starred Glenn Ford, Demaret played himself and in a hospital room scene, said to the actress playing Hogan's wife: "You're prettier than a June bug." Probably it would be considered sexist today, but I think we could say that about golf girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was fun. Looking forward to next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed it, but I'll definitely check out last night's broadcast.

    Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're radio active, Patricia! Best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. shucks, I missed that. Will catch the next show. can you tell us the answer to the eye candy/exploitation question?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joke that fits the tone of new show. This was a joke I lifted from actress Annie Wersching, who told it in Esquire. She is in the show "24."

    Guy and girl are in backseat of his car having sex. Guy says: If I had known you were a virgin, I would have taken more time."

    Girl says: "Hell, if I had known you had more time, I'd have taken off my panty hose."

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...