Earlier this year women became the majority of the workforce for the first time in U.S. history. Most managers are now women too. And for every two men who get a college degree this year, three women will do the same.
Consulting firm 20 First recently reported the following data regarding upper income families:
- In 61 percent of wealthy households, the wife makes the family’s vacation decision, reports a Luxury Institute survey of women from households with annual income of at least $150,000
- Health care decisions, including choice of plans and providers,
are the domain of women in 48 percent of wealthy households; a like share decide on home improvement purchases.
- 22 percent of married wealthy women make all of the family’s investment decisions on their own, with two-thirds saying such decisions are made on a couple basis
- Women choose automobiles and consumer electronics in 40 percent of wealthy households
- Women control family real estate decisions in 31 percent of households
That's what we'll be talking about tonight on "Only Two Thing". We'll be broadcasting from 9:30 - 10:30PM ET. And you can weigh in on-air by using call-in number 917-889-9592. Or join the conversation in the chat room or on Twitter... or just listen at BlogTalkRadio. Talk to you tonight.