Wednesday

Resumption of Normal Golf Activities

After a raucous night of plundering and pillaging with my fellow scallywags, I woke up this morning - slightly hung over - to a brilliant November dawn. Halloween was awesome, as it always is in our neighborhood. The evening was ultra mild and moonlit, and we had over a thousand trick or treaters. As you might of surmised, our theme this year was pirates. And, you know what? It's really fun to be a pirate. You get to drink copious amounts of grog, run rigs on unsuspecting swabbies, and act like a filthy wench. What could be better than that? Anyway Halloween's over for another year ... and my spine and elbow issues are hopefully a thing of the past...so now it's back to golf. Today I'll go to the range after work, and tomorrow I have a lesson. This weekend it's meant to be cold, but I'm going to try to get in a final round ...or two... or three. Courses here pretty much close by mid-November, which is why I seethe with resentment whenever someone tells me they come from the sunbelt. However, I'm committed to finding innovative ways to keep refining my swing, strengthening my core and improving my game all through the dark days of winter. Because I'm committed to becoming a decent player one of these days...or maybe I'll just give up and become a pirate.

3 comments:

  1. luv all the costumes. i can't imagine 1,000 trick or treater's.
    we have about 70 an think that's alot. where do they all come from???
    eddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures...ask and ye shall receive...

    We have maybe 150 or 200 kids each year...and we have a neighborhood full of kids.

    I am hoping to go golfing this weekend, it is supposed ot be sunny and 54. Crossing my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eddie: We live just blocks away from a very vibrant, very diverse little city: Danbury, CT. Our neighborhood is all Victorian Houses so perfect for a Halloween stroll.

    John: Hope the golf is good this weekend. 54 degrees sounds just fine to me.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...