Wednesday

Lustworthy Iphone Just Needs a Few Good Golf Widgets

...then it'll be totally, over-the-top lustworthy. OK, it already is. I mean... have you seen it? It seems a lot of bloggers have. Sean, over at The Deep Rough, is the one who came up with the widget suggestion. He suggested a scorecard or GPS yardage application, both of which would be awesome. I was thinking of something like the swing analyser that's in the phone I used to lust for. Anyway, I'm hoping that by June, when the Iphone is available we'll be able to pimp it enhance it with all sorts of golf goodies. In the meantime it's got tons of cool features already.


Here's Steve Jobs demo-ing one of the coolest at MacWorld yesterday:

Yep, that definitely qualifies as lustworthy.

8 comments:

  1. I wanna know how you figured out how to embed all the slick movies and shtuff inside the blog...

    I bow to your technoid-ness/greatness....

    Care to share??? (PM me offline if you prefer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually saw the coolest phone ever last weekend at the Titleist Performance Institute. Dave Phillips of Titleist has a phone that takes movies and it has some golf swing analyzer software in it. He gives it to the Tour pros he is teaching and the cadddie films the swing from somewhere on Tour and sends it to Dave back in Cali. Dave analyzes it and marks it up with his lines and boxes to show him what he's doing wrong while they talk on the phone. No extra cables or computer needed. He also has a little projector it plugs in to so he can magnify it for an on the spot presentation. There is a bunch of other things on the software that the average Joe (or Jane) can use. He wrote an article on it on MYTPI.com under Technology.
    Thanks for listing me on your blogroll. I did the same for you. Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you beat me to the punch! I just saw you posted about that same phone in November.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure Apple is going to be able to pull this thing off, at least not like they did with the ipod. Lots of European and Asian cell phones are already more innovative than iphone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it possible to preorder the iphone? I haven't found anyplace where you can do this. I put myself on the email list be there is no place to preorder??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use mobile.oobgolf.com to post and analize scores. Its free and works with any pda out there today. I am sure it will work for the iPhone as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's ultra easy to embed videos. Each youtube and google video has an HTML code, you just cut n paste it. I'll send ya the details. I'm pathetically non-tech-savy I'm afraid, but that's gonna change ;o)

    Oobgolf rocks. I've gotta start posting scores!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...