Tuesday

Golf Girl of the Week - Christina Kim

Guess what? I've decided to add a new feature to Golf Girl's Diary: Golf Girl of the Week.

Every Tuesday I'll choose a new one, and like most of what I do here, GGW will be pretty much guided by my own, very subjective whims and feelings. Because like many bloggers, I write about my feelings. It makes me feel good and it's cheaper than therapy.

GGW can be any (certifiable) female with any connection to golf. Any connection what-so-ever. That's how simple it is. Professional Golfers, Amature Golfers, Golf Writers, Golf Fans, Designer's of Golf Stuff...all eligible, as long as they embody the Golf Girl spirit.

So, without delay, I present the first ever Golf Girl of the Week: LPGA star, Christina Kim.

Why Christina? I doubt anyone's asking that question, because it's just so obvious. LIJA saw it. Loud and Clear. They just signed her to an endorsement deal. And Linda Hipp knows from Golf Girls. Of that I'm sure. But there's so much more to Christina than her uber-cool fashion sense. She was the youngest player in LPGA history to top US$1 million in career earnings, and was a winner in each of her first two years on Tour, scoring victories at the 2004 Longs Drugs Challenge and the 2005 Mitchell Company Tournament of Champions. She was a key member of the victorious U.S. Solheim Cup team in 2005 and had three top 10s this past season. (shameless cut & paste on the stats)

Then there are the Christina quotes; my favorite being, “Looking great helps me focus on my game and play my best.” Now that's quintessential Golf Girl.

Of course I had no trouble finding great photos of the first ever Golf Girl of the Week. I made the little collage below, but my favorite Christina photo has to be this one taken by golf photographer and photoblogger extraordinaire, Patrick Michelleti. It captures the very essence of the Golf Girl spirit.

It's going to be really hard to find an encore to Christina Kim, but tune on Tuesday the 16th, when I'll be presenting the next Golf Girl of the Week.

9 comments:

  1. great idea! I like your first selection too. She seems to have a lot of spunk ;) I like her Dad/Caddy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is she actually wearing a Q-link necklace in that "favorite" photo of her?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right Christina Kim is the perfect golf girl. I love her backwards barets. I could never pull that look off. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina is OK when she's at her slimmest, but that's not often. Most of the time she's way thick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, she's FUNNIER than heck on the course - I had a BLAST being her walking scorer at the '06 Longs Challenge, and she is FUNNY, FUNNY, FUNNY!
    (Got a bit of a potty mouth when she gets down on herself, but the crowd LOVES her, and she LOVES the crowd right back...)

    GOOD first choice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim is a perfect candidate for a variety of entertainment shows:

    - The Biggest Losers
    - Extreme Makeover
    - Anything Oprah
    - Jenny Craig spokesperson
    - How I Ate Your Mother
    - The View
    - What Not To Wear
    - Play Cartman in South Park musical
    - Fat Bastard's sister in Austin Power movies

    Scientifically, I think her mass qualifies her to be a planet ahead of Pluto.

    Sorry for being in such a mean spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch, PR guys aren't supposed to be mean spirited, are they? And Christina has legions of fans, so I guess it's just dif strokes for dif folks, right? Anyway Scott has seen her charisma first hand, he was her walking scorer...seems to get all the good gigs, that Scott guy. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, BTW, it is a Q-link necklace. I'm totally getting one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. pr guy ignores a "growing" demographic-those of us who worship BBW. Chris is a great golfer with a beautiful booty!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...