Thursday

From Sexy Calendars to Sexy...Credit Cards? What will Golf Girls do Next?

No really...I'm serious. It seems the latest venture for us hot, marketable Golf Girls is the celebrity branded credit card. Actually, it's more like a pre-paid gift card...and uber-talented Calendar/Golf Girl, Natalie Gulbis is one of the latest superstars sign up. She's entered into an agreement with San Antonio-based Payment Data Systems to create a new Natalie Gulbis Gift MasterCard. According to the PD honchos, Nat's a natural for this product. After all, she is one of Advertising Age's top five most marketable young athletes so she'll surely help the company reach "the young, successful, and talented demographic" they're lusting after. Customers will be able to choose from a series of Natalie card designs too. Sweet.

Another well known calendar queen who's already done the Gift Card thing, is Carmen Electra, and apparently her cards have been very popular. So it looks like the Natalie licence is pretty much a slam dunk hole-in-one.

So, the NG empire continues to grow...let me get this straight now; She has a website, a reality TV show, and a sexy calendar. She's featured in the Tiger Woods video game, she's got great endorsement deals and she's playing extremely high level golf. And now she has her own "gift card program". Meanwhile, I have a flegling blog.

Looks like I've got some catching up to do.








Update: OK now that I've got the card...I'll be working on the calendar this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Really? Full grown adults want to present cards for payment with celebrity/athlete images on them?

    Yes, I'd like to purchase this sofa for my RV. How will I be paying? With this Justin Timberlake card, of course. Isn't he the BEST?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell me we have to wait till '08 for the calendar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe one of these days Natalie will win a golf tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't sell yourself short - I can imagine all KINDS of promotional opportunities for "The Tap-In Twins"...

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...