Tuesday

The Awesome New England Golf Weekend

There's something decidedly...daunting...about confronting the realities of the work place after the most perfect long weekend imaginable. The projects awaiting completion seem particularly mundane,and tasks "left for later" three short days ago, now cry out for immediate attention. All the while I'm trying to hang onto the memories of those three fleeting days, each one a picture perfect tableau of cobalt blue skies, bright sunshine and warm, dry air. We played golf each day. The courses weren't too busy... it seems Labor Day barbecues and family gatherings kept the masses occupied... so were able to take it easy, play for fun and enjoy our Ultra Ambers. We had sumptuous outdoor dinners on Saturday and Sunday evening and lunch in the garden at our favorite French Bistro yesterday.

Then there was the Deutsche Bank Championship and the memorable golf it yielded. The Tiger/Phil rivalry rekindled. Admittedly, I don't like Phil Mickelson. I don't like him at all, and for a very good reason: he absolutely reminds me of a guy I went out with in high school, who was a jerk. OK, I know it's a visceral reaction, but I can't help it. Every time I see Phil I think of...well I won't go into the sordid details, but suffice to say I find the very sight of Mr. Mickelson quite disturbing. Well, it seems I might not be confronted with those memories of my adolescent misadventures at the BMW Championship next week; Phil's hinting that he might be a no-show.

Damn, he does remind me of my old ex-boyfriend. ✩

8 comments:

  1. Patricia
    Now wait a darn minute, That old boyfriend might have just done us all a big favour. Just think? if you and the Jerk had stayed together than I wouldn't be reading your informative diary.
    Lucky you,,, Lucky me,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL You make it fun to read about golf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bill, you're right he would never have let me write this blog!

    c.a.marks, you make it fun to read about...sex...and the south. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to imagine what that high school Michelson clone did to you.

    Thankfully I'm in the privacy of my home for such thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check out that french place. my favorite local restaurant is jai pore. go to
    www.fineindiandining.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. did the mysterious ex-beau have man-boobs like phil. i'm guessing his were bigger than yours back then and it hurt you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny - Why is it that jerks, weirdos and pervs flock to some women (like me), while some really whiny girls get the good guys? Anyway - I finally found my knight in shining armor and he is a golfer!!

    This is a funny women's point of view - http://blogs.divatribe.com/cindy/golf-carts-for-sale-guide-to-a-happy-marriage/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joseph...we LOVE Jaipore too, let's do lunch one of these days!

    Anons...Michelson man boobs, oh no.

    Cindy...golf widow's guide is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...