Bang-go: Golf Fashion Faux Pas? You Tell Me

Les gouts et les couleurs ne se discutent pas.
Or so say the French.

What it means... basically... is, there's no accounting for taste, and that's where I want you to step in.

Is it just me, or is the bang-go (pictured at left) so dorky looking as to be bad for golf?

I mean bad for the image of golf... because lets face it, golf already has an image problem due to a long history of fashion foibles... and I don't think it can afford another one. At least not one so monumental as this.

But, then I'm thinking maybe it's just me. Maybe my taste in fashion has been distorted by too many years of living in New York and Paris. Perhaps I'm reflecting a fashion elitism that's out of touch with the majority. After all, lots of people seem to like Crocs, right? So maybe droves of golfers will embrace the bang-go. After all, who am I to judge, I'm even a bit skittish about visors.

So that's what I want you to tell me. Are you OK with this? Would you wear the bang-go? Do you think it would further entrench golf's reputation for dorky fashion? Do tell.