Tuesday

Bang-go: Golf Fashion Faux Pas? You Tell Me



















Les gouts et les couleurs ne se discutent pas.
Or so say the French.

What it means... basically... is, there's no accounting for taste, and that's where I want you to step in.

Is it just me, or is the bang-go (pictured at left) so dorky looking as to be bad for golf?

I mean bad for the image of golf... because lets face it, golf already has an image problem due to a long history of fashion foibles... and I don't think it can afford another one. At least not one so monumental as this.

But, then I'm thinking maybe it's just me. Maybe my taste in fashion has been distorted by too many years of living in New York and Paris. Perhaps I'm reflecting a fashion elitism that's out of touch with the majority. After all, lots of people seem to like Crocs, right? So maybe droves of golfers will embrace the bang-go. After all, who am I to judge, I'm even a bit skittish about visors.

So that's what I want you to tell me. Are you OK with this? Would you wear the bang-go? Do you think it would further entrench golf's reputation for dorky fashion? Do tell.

16 comments:

  1. Hey, I would wear it, I think I'm even going to order one. But then, dorky is my style and I embrace it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are time when comfort and practicality should be set aside in favor of looking normal. Having hair sticking out of the front of your hat does not look normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, that's horrible. I'd wear the golf crocs before that. Why? Why? Why?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god! This is absolutely horrible! How could anyone with eyes get the idea to wear something like that? Is there any possibility of getting these "things" destroyed and erased from human memory forever?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like Laura Davies, every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thing I would start giggling if someone come around with this.... "bang".

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK. That's just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Golly, it almost makes me wish I had bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL. bobbio hit the nail on the head! If you like the look of Laura Davies then by all means buy one, but I'm thinking that most people will not like that look for themselves. Oh my goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trying to figure out why Bang-go designed this. Maybe they were going for the Jewish golfer market..a Yamaka with a Visor..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I almost fell out of my chair reading Mr Golf's commment ! :-D

    Come on GG - it's not as bad as the picture of the two guys in the cargo shorts - and not NEARLY as bad as anything Christina Kim almost has on week in and week out (we really don't need to see that gut hanging out).

    I kind of doubt that this hat will ever make it on TV with a professional wearing it - but it's not going cause any dead and buried golf greats to roll over in their graves.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When an Amish bonnet just isn't enough, go Bang Go. That may be the worst invention ever. This will rank up there with the fanny pack one day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awful. And I like bucket hats. Enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting...its amazing what some will come up with as solutions to "hair issues"...the website has a pretty funny explanation. I just don't think it was meant to be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. GG I have bangs and when I wear a "normal" hat my bangs gets plastered to my head and I look just horrible on the 19 hole having my cocktail. You don't have bangs so I can see why this would not appeal to you.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...