Saturday

Cristie Kerr and Kelli Kuehne at the New Lacoste Shop
























You know about me and Lacoste, right? I've written about my love for the iconic crocodile, and the awesome apparel he represents, on more than one occasion.

Lacoste is all about Sports and Elegance. 75 years worth. The culture and tradition of the brand is French, but its reach is totally global. Lacoste stores now exist across the USA and around the world, and a couple of weeks ago a new one opened in my stately hometown of Greenwich, CT.

The opening was celebrated with an elegant little reception in the streamlined shop on Greenwich Avenue, which is a kind of New England version of Rodeo Drive...and it was hosted by the epitome of Lacoste style, Cristie Kerr.

The thing is, not only is Cristie one of the world's best golfers, she's also cosmopolitan and classy ... worldly... but warm. And she has eyes like aquamarines.

Yes, Cristie Kerr has it all; the talent, the beauty, the personality..the whole package. She was there with her husband/manager Erik Stevens, himself a gracious internationalist who connects easily with everyone. Together they made the store's guests feel welcome and special. As the crowd enjoyed mojito martinis and chardonnay a DJ spun some R&B and custom embroidered monograms were sewn onto colorful pique polos.

Also at the event was another amazing LPGA golfer, Kelli Kuehne, who is so cute, and so much fun.

Kelli... quite simply... animated the entire room with her expansive Texas personality. Kelli is a longtime friend of Cristie's, and the ambience, that early August evening, was like an intimate gathering of friends. Fun and memorable.

When I checked the Safeway Classic leaderboard earlier today I was delighted to see these two awesome golf girls up in the top five, and playing together tomorrow. They're both part of Cristie's terrific Birdies for Breast Cancer initiative. How wonderful is that for the foundation? Oh, and the girls told me they're going to start blogging too... and they'll definitely have lots to say. That prospect gives us all something to look forward to for Fall.


Photographs
© Golf Girl Media
Top: Me with Cristie and Kelli on Greenwich Avenue
Middle: Cristie and Erik in the shop
Bottom: Kelli chatting with guests

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time. I grew up in Darien during the 70s before the days of malls. we use to love to shop on Greenwich Ave back then too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cristie Kerr. She's such an amazing player. I'm always inspired by her, especially when I see her putting stats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty impressive, a party with Cristie Kerr, Kelli Kuhne and Mojito Martinis. I could get into that.

    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you give Kelli my phone number ? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a Texas girl myself, I'm pulling for Kelli. So glad to see her so high on the leader board today. w00t!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait until they begin blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post...It's yet another reason why I LOVE the LPGA - the players are approachable and personable. We gotta open more men's eyes to the appeal of this tour.

    P.S. - Here I sit in the middle of TS Fay, lusting after your weather..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cristie just won the Safeway Classic...in a three way playoff. Really exciting golf but I couldn't find it anywhere on TV. It's a shame they don't broadcast it more. The only LPGA info I can find is here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it's obvious to all of us that you brought good luck to Cristie today !!!! Hats off to CK for a stand up performance. Too bad we could not see any of the drama on TV....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Her last name is spelled Kuehne and she's always been a favorite of mine, going back to her days as an amateur.

    It's great to have her back amongst the LPGA elite ... where she belongs !

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...