Monday

Golf Girl's Monday Meanderings

The amazing wave of new golf blogs continues. So much so that the reconstruction of my lost link list, is still not done. My goal (I assure you) is to have it up by week's end.

In the meantime however, there's one new golf blog that's so cute and so light-hearted I just had to give it a quick shout out. It's called Tales of a Golf Gal, and it's a slice-of-life chronicle by a preppy southerner, a recreational golfer who, I gather, is a wedding planner by trade.

The short pictorial posts are quick and easy to read. They're personal tales...you'll find no rehashing of televised tournaments, or analysis of the latest Nike driver here. I love the design too, with it's textured pages and argyle background, it's a refreshing break from the sterile templates that tend to dominate the golf blog world. It definitely made me want to redesign (or just design) this blog.

For a spirited start to your golf blog reading this week check out Tales of a Golf Gal.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! What a compliment to read a post about my own blog, I feel honored!
    I have you listed as one of "my faves", so the feeling is mutual ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't golf a great game ? It can be all things to...well...all people who enjoy the game. A sport with drinking and smoking and betting and hot beer cart girls for the men - and for the women, there is fashion, lots of time to talk, and cutesy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot something in the women column Court. Fashion, talking, cutesy stuff and... martini's, cosmos, chardonnay and various other girly drinks...in profusion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO ! So I did !! And I should have known better. I used to caddy for an annual women only tournament. The men would caddy and basically wait on their golfer(s) hand and foot - usually starting with Mimosas on the first tee. Music on the cart - the carts were highly decorated with all kinds of froo-froo stuff. We chased balls, cleaned clubs and balls, read putts...all that fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - Girly golf rocks!!!

    But, it's not all fun and games,the competitive ladies league at our club - the one I'll probably never get in to - has terrific players. A number of them are scratch golfers and they all take the game very seriously indeed. Just shows that golf can be played on lots of different levels, There's a game for everyone.

    Now I need SJN to tell me how to make my blog cute so I'll be inspired to write in it more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. But I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that those scratch and low handicap players you're talking about STILL spent a lot of time deciding what outfit they were going to wear, and fixing hair, and making sure they looked "just so" before heading to the course. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with ashgolf -- how can we make our blogs cutesy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you mean the pink sidewalls aren't cutesy enough ? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As you may know, I love, love SJM's blog already. She's great and she plays tennis as well. What a busy, busy gal she is! She's smart, has great golf fashion savvy, and is just plain fun to read! She has joined ranks with you as one of three people who are constantly getting me in trouble with the hubby for spending too much online for golf accessories.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...