Monday

Another Golf Apparel Tip from the Talented Blonde

Apparel analyst Kristen Bentz has an uncanny eye for consumer trends. And once she spots them she knows the next step. For that reason Kristen can often be found on Fox Business News, and has appeared on CNBC, Fox News, and Fortune’s Wall Street Week.

Kristen creates ultra engaging podcasts and some of the most entertaining finance videos anywhere, and she's always the first to let me know when something is ruminating with the major golf apparel manufacturers. This morning she tweeted me a link to her story on a global golf licensing deal involving PVH/Calvin Klein, and Europe's Premium Golf Brands.

The deal bodes well for CK stock and Talented surmises that despite global recession there are plenty of passionate golfers out there who just aren't willing to give up the game...or the fashions.

One pro golfer did give up on golf apparel recently, if only for one strategic shot. Yes, I'm referring to the Stenson striptease, which fellow blogger Daniel Dudley speculated may have been an attempt to get clothing sponsorship ... from none other then Calvin Klein.

6 comments:

  1. You didn't tell us...does the talented blonde play golf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Stenson Striptease was great. I can't believe he did that. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've opted for wearing golf clothes only. Seems I don't need much more. OK, maybe I have a nice dress or two, a pair of jeans, and heels. But that's it. The rest is golf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby is the one that got me hooked on this savvy lady.

    I switched my wardrobe over from winter to summer (since that's all we have here) and realized more than half of my large closet is golf apparel. I can live with that, but can golf live with me? That is the question. I live in golf clothes during spring, summer & fall. For the winter I live in snow skiing type clothes. One sport follows another, does it not? Actually, I might need an intervention here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talented Blonde is fun to watch. I catch her on Morning Bell sometimes and it always gets my day off to a good start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...