Jul 9, 2009

GolfDotz - US Women's Open "IT" Accessory?

That's what GolfWeek's Beth Ann Baldry indicated yesterday in a live chat from Saucon Valley CC.

Ball Decals have now been approved by the USGA for use in competition, and Ms. Baldry has witnessed a number of players marking their balls with tiny hearts and flowers... diminutive four-leaf clovers and whimsical pink pigs.

Those are among the designs offered by GolfDotz and I've got to say, I was ahead of the curve on this one. I've been using the retro-chic Peace Symbol design for almost a year. It's not that I've given up my Sharpies (I'm far too creative to ever do that) but GolfDotz are a cute, convenient alternative to self-marking, and a fun way to mix things up. Note: A fierce looking skull decal seemed to be the preferred style at SSCC this week.

Beyond golf ball accessories, Beth Ann fielded a number of questions on "BivensGate", a hot topic twenty four hours ago, that's been temporarily put aside for this ultra-prestegious LPGA tournament. The interactive live chat was an awesome way to get on-the-spot info and a feel for being in the thick of things.

Today Stacy Lewis will chat live on Golfweek.com at 1 p.m. EDT following her first round. So head over there if you want to know how the course is playing. You'll also a video walk down Saucon Valley’s 18th hole with Cristie Kerr, and there are several interesting blogs being updated regularly. It's a great way to keep current on the action at the US Women's Open.

Oh, and I'll be there tomorrow so watch for my two cents informed updates.