Saturday

A Thur... Fri... Saturday post from Golf Girl World

.
By Jordan Farr aka Golf Girl Junior

Once again the business of the week has gotten in the way of my famous Thursday Post... so from now on, it's going to be a Friday post... which will make my life easier AND lessen the chance of it being late... although this week I'm actually writing it at 2:ooam on Saturday morning?

OK... I assure you, I will get into the rhythm of the work flow around here, and I really appreciate your patience in the meantime. Thank yous.

We spent Wednesday in Manhattan, where we had the opportunity to preview the 2011 Ralph Lauren and RLX golf apparel lines. What can I say? Everything... from the fresh color pallets to the body-conscious cuts to the innovative fabrics is ... superlative? I think that's the word I'm looking for. Anyway it's a beautiful, well-balanced collection and we'll be writing about it next week.

We also met with a photographer who may be helping us out with "Tillinghast from the Red Tees". I never saw golf courses as art before. Now I do. To be honest with you, I didn't even know who Albert Warren Tillinghast was a month ago when Patricia told me about the project... even though I grew up in the shadow of one of his most famous courses. ~ So... I'm learning. Learning a lot, and quickly.

Now for my Poll question which you may have caught on Wednesday's show: After seeing a woman on the golf course last week with a small dog sitting next to her in the cart... and knowing this is practice of Playboy's Kendra Wilkenson along with other celebrities... I wonder: Should dogs be allowed on the course and (bonus question) what breed would you like to see on your course?

Well that's it for now, talk to you next Thursday...no I mean Friday... or maybe Saturday. What ever, see you soon.

Photo: Golf Girl Media

10 comments:

  1. Lucky you Jordan, I've been playing almost a decade and have never seen a Tillinghast course. :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. .

    my dear GGjr

    as for Tilly, he not only is a famous golf archy, but as you will discover, he was quite the adventurer and bon vivant, as well

    ron whitten, then of golf digest, created a fuss years back when he made the claim that Tilly was not as involved with bethpage black as history claimed he was, although my friend phil young is the expert on that matter

    as for canines on the course, they are indispensible on the issue of migratory canadian geese, as well as, a mainstain on links courses

    anyway, back to my martini

    cheers !

    frankD
    ftliquordale, FLA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starting to think you should operate as print magazines do. Put the following Friday date on the (not sure how.) Maybe just put the date w. your byline at the beginning of the blog.It would have been your "Nov. 5th" contribution. I'm thinking St Bernard with a keg around his neck. Since I gave up alcohol , he would carry my raspberry iced tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tillinghast was a genius. One of his treats is here in San Antonio, Oak Hills Country Club.

    Sounds like you had a great trip

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should definitely go for the East Course at Winged Foot. It's more fun to play IMO. How many/which courses will you be playing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. .

    ........and now that salvatore vitale has spilled the beans i predict FERRY POINT PARK GOLF COURSE will complete construction by 2013...........

    you heard it here first !

    frankD
    ftlauderdale FLA

    ReplyDelete
  7. .


    jordan,

    FWIW, i would suggest you google REDAN and read that, as a start to golf course architecture

    i also have some books by geoff shackelford and tom doak and forrest richardson, if you are interested in advanced exposure

    for real life experience, see the architects course in NJ, a ron whitten & co project, and maybe plan a visit there, like i did some time ago, as it is quite a unique idea - each hole uses the design of a different architect highlighting that architects "signature" style so to speak, and if nothing else, there is a great german deli just at the entrance to the course

    BTW all the people mentioned above are accessible, one way or another, and i am sure would welcome your inquiry and respond (but like tom marzolf at fazio design did, they may take some time)

    anyway be well

    frankD

    ReplyDelete
  8. he was quite the adventurer and bon vivant, as well

    ron whitten.

    Black Friday ads

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is a dog on our local course - Bogey. Helps keep the geese at bay and provides smiles to the golfers as he helps the groundskeeper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a quite intersting game but i don't know exactly the rules of game.

    International Golf Club

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...