|Photos: Yoshimasa Nakano © Golf Digest Online|
For additional details on the 2012 Japan Women's Open you'll want to head over to Mostly Harmless, where you'll find the Constructivist, always a stellar source for news, info and insights ...in English... on the Asian women's golf tours.
For my part, I'm focusing on something a bit more, shall we say...superficial: the awesome golf outfits. You see, not only are these ladies some of the best golfers in the world, they're also some of the best dressed.
There were dozens of great looks on display during this event, however in the interest of time, here are my top five faves:
• Megumi Kido shared the lead going into the final round. Here she is in city shorts and an oxford shirt. ...on the golf course. A novel idea. ...that looks smashing. Here's another take on the same look. Pearly Gates
• Ai Miyazato An international superstar and currently 6th in the world, Ai Miyazato has a style that's consistently cute, but never cloying. Paradiso
• Ayako Uehara This look is certainly insolite. I love the layers and the fact that they allow a short sleeved polo dress to transcend the summer season. Ayako finished solo 7th today. Jun & Rope
• Chie Arimura is implausibly cute... TCFW cute...to the extent that she sometimes comes perilously close to cutsey. However the talented top 20 player looks sporty and sophisticated in this outfit. The bold plaid, navy blue and brass buttons, assure that it strikes the right chords of cuteness without edging into the anime abyss Viva Heart
• Na Yeon Choi is currently No. 3 in the world and her style is right up there too. Traditional golf elements and a modern color palette are what makes this outfit my choice for No.1. Hazzy'sPhotos: Yoshimasa Nakano - © Golf Digest Online