Wednesday

Golf Guys - Who'll Shine in Sun City?

This is going to be good. The Nedbank
Golf Challenge
begins tomorrow at the Gary Player Country Club in Sun City, South Africa, and some of my (current) fave players'll be there. So now I have to decide who to put my money on. Nick and I always bet on these things. Not for money actually, but for a week of subservience and servitude. That is...the loser is the winner's servant for the following week. Makes the golf much more fun stressful to watch Anyway, we'll see what happens at the Nedbank this year. In the meantime here's who I'll be watching.

The local boys: I really like Ernie Els. I don't know why. Maybe it's because he reminds me of a South African guy I met on a cruise ship some years ago. But that's a whole nuther story, a pretty salacious one too. Definitely not appropriate for this wholesome blog. Now, Retief Goosen is South African too, but he does nothing for me. It's stange cause lots of other girls really lust for like him. I don't get that at all.

The Euros: Sergio Garcia and Padraig Harrington. Hmmm, I like them both. Sergio for his sense of style and Padraig because I'm related to him...sort of...in a way...I think. Anyway they're both really excellent golfers and that's my real reason. (yeah, right).

The Yanks: Jim Furyk and Chris DiMarco. Yawn. That's my opinion anyway, not Nick's though. He really likes them. But wait till you hear the lame reasons why. OK, are you ready? He likes Jim Furyk because..."he plays at a consistantly high level", and he likes Chris DiMarco because..."he's a fighter". Puhleez! What kind of reasons are those. Men/Women - Mars/Venus...whatever.

10 comments:

  1. yes patricia it's definitely a mars-venus thing. I'm with Nick on this one my money is on Furyk .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right Patricia, a sense of style, a shared irish heritage and a resemblance to an old flame are much better reasons to support a golfer than playing at a consistantly high level and determination. Not that those guys aren't good, I'm for the yanks and I'm just saying your reasoning is very venus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What KIND of servant? We see a trend developing here...

    Care to elaborate a bit, or should we use our imaginations?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia do you have any good Super Bowl picks. (Uniform colors, team names etc.) Although I do think Ernie is a good choice to win.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patricia, do you have another blog where you can post the story of the Ernie Els look-alike on the cruise ship. It sounds like a really, um, interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lived with a South African on a cruise ship last year, an Afrikaaner to boot just like Ernie. I hope Ernie is quieter during sex with the little spa girls than he is. It was gross. Gross.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no Brandon...I guess Afrikaaners are just like that. It WAS gross and
    I'm ashamed to have participated with such... enthusiasm. It's like, "What was I thinking?" I don't know... it seemed like a good idea at the time. Hey, we've all be there right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Golf Girl!

    Why Retief?
    - cute puppy-dog eyes
    - a winsome smile
    - he's one of the world's best golfers, but apparently has no ego issues
    - nothing beats a South African accent

    But I realize not everyone's with me on this one. That's okay--this way I can have him all to myself. Well, except for his wife of course. Damn her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen, I totally agree on the South African accent, however I'm into Ernie, specially now that he's all vulnerable and throwing clubs around. But he's got a wife too. Oh well, guess I'll just have to kill her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...