Monday

Rainy Sunday Golf Notes

Yesterday wasn't much of a golf day here in CT. Dank and rainy...lots of heavy, wet, yellow-brown leaves on the ground. While it didn't inspire me to get out and play, it did inspire me to sleep till 9:30, have breakfast in bed and spend the whole day in my Juicy Couture track suit watching golf on TV, in front of the fireplace. And you know what? Somehow that was almost as good as playing. Almost.

First of all, Lorena Ochoa at Tournament of Champions: Unbelievable! a 10-stroke victory and a tournament-record 21-under 267. When you think that she opened the second round with a quadruple-bogey!!! Now, I can totally relate to quadruple-bogeys (though quintuple bogeys are my real specialty). Both provide a perfect excuse to melt down. But that's not what Lorena did. She came back on Saturday to gain a comfortable lead and kept it up Sunday to win by 10 strokes. And now she's player of the year, she's on this great winning streak and she gets to wear all this awesome Lacoste stuff...what's not going her way? And her 25th birthday is on Wednesday. It's gotta be nice to be really young and really talented. Paula Creamer and Julie Inkster were pretty amazing too in their tie for second but never really threatened Lorena after Saturday's round.

We also watched Tiger end his streak of stroke-play victories as he failed to win at the HSBC Champions in Shanghai, China. He had some trouble early on, and despite an impressive Sunday, finished two shots behind a Korean player with the whimsical name of Yang Yong-eun. The thing that made this HSBC fun to watch (for me at least) was that there were 9 different nationalities in the top ten, which made for a wide variety of different styles (both golf and fashion). Now that's the kind of stimulation I want from men's golf.

Then there was the Nationwide Tour Championship that was all about the young Australians and little known Craig Kanada's impressive finishing chips.

Anyway, as nice as it was to sit around watching TV yesterday, next weekend I hope to be able to play. I know our season's almost over but I'm not quite ready to assume the sedate life of a couch potato yet...as pleasant as that can be.
***below are a few of my favorite looks from the Tournament of Champions***

4 comments:

  1. what are you doing in the winter with this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia,

    Do you think Creamers would be wise to wax her eyebrows to make them thinner?

    Enquiry Mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jordy - Though I won't be playing as much in winter, I'll be practicing and working out... and I'll seeking golf gossip, news, products, etc. There's lots of exciting golf stuff going on all year...so I'll be around.

    As far as Paula's eyebrows, rumor has it heavy brows are coming back...along with other eighties styles. That said, I tend to agree that thinner brows might work better for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say it ain't so...

    Certain things, like black dress and well-tailored suit, are never out of style. Conversely, heavy brows are never in style.

    Well, Creamers shouls at least color it to match her hair.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...